DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

REALLY REALLY UNHAPPY!!

With much regret, I have just told DJI (chat; that I fully expect is a robot) where they can fly or shove the Mavic Pro Fly More combo, and Refresh package, that I purchased on the 20th January.

I purchased and paid, with payment authorised in less than an hour, on the 20th January. At that time the DJI website boasted of "shipping in 5-7 days" !!!

20 days later, and on three occasions, DJI reps on the chat service promised my shipment was allocated for 3rd February. So, all day I've been earnestly checking the status of my order, and nothing changed, it just sat there as "authorised"

The minute I got home from work, I went straight onto DJI chat, which connected immediately, instead of the usual 20 minute wait, only to be told that they couldn't ship my order because "it is out of stock". The DJI site is still displaying 7-10 day shipping for the Fly More combo!!

I HATE BEING LIED TO, so they can fly their drones where the sun doesn't shine AND post the video as far as I'm concerned.

I'd still love to have one, but at the moment I am just too annoyed to give them a penny of my money.

Bob
Confused, if you ordered on 20 Jan and today is only 4 Jan how do you get "20 days later, and on three occasions," I count 15 days?

Wow you are missing out big time ... many have waited months before they gave up.

Its such an awesome piece of tech. By far the best grand I have ever spent and no doubt I would of paid 2 grand & waited 2 years for this thing if thats what was required to get my hands on this dreamy drone. I certainly cant build a mavic myself [emoji137]‍♂️

After 20flights, 40+ miles in the last 2wks owning it and no issues I am sold. Sorry bout your luck man but if I were you Ide smash the ego & get back in line [emoji389]

4realTho This thing is the beez neez.. honestly i cant believe its real. So far every1 i show it too is equally as floored. 4.3mile hd fpv range in ur pockets bro. Get Ricked

63e36b5b44757bc3f2595fc43eee3fcf.jpg

I'm with you here 100%. I'd go as far as to say that I've waited all my 46 yrs to get something like this. Not exactly the Mavic, but also the Phantom which got me right away with what it was and could do so well.

And some of us aren't new to advanced toys. We've been having fun with R/C hobby for some time and there's no shortage of incredible stuff in there either. And yet I was and still am highly impressed with what these DJI quads can do. Especially when Lightbridge came out on P3. Heck, I still have fun flying kites! (come to think of it, those chinese slicks have been at it since well B.C. haven't they).

I know, it's not the cure for cancer. But it's something really new and really exciting. And yes, not meaning it's cheap but truth is it's way, way underpriced for what it is and does. People usually ask me if it cost 5 or 10 times what it actually does when they see a P3 or a Mavic flying for the first time. That's telling.

I waited till I saw DJI's website drop their shipping date to 5-7 days before I ordered mine which was on Jan 17. I had read that the 5-7 days wasn't until your payment cleared which took another 3-5 days. I received my Mavic last Wednesday 2/1.

Reactions: SkeeterHarris
I purchased and paid, with payment authorised in less than an hour, on the 20th January. At that time the DJI website boasted of "shipping in 5-7 days" !!!

20 days later, and on three occasions, DJI reps on the chat service promised my shipment was allocated for 3rd February. So, all day I've been earnestly checking the status of my order, and nothing changed, it just sat there as "authorised"

20 days from January 20th is February 9th. I'm not defending DJI on misrepresenting their shipping time, but you're misrepresenting your wait time.

I can totally agree, the problem is that when my mavic arrived 2 weeks ago it blew away all my expectations!

With much regret, I have just told DJI (chat; that I fully expect is a robot) where they can fly or shove the Mavic Pro Fly More combo, and Refresh package, that I purchased on the 20th January.

The minute I got home from work, I went straight onto DJI chat, which connected immediately, instead of the usual 20 minute wait, only to be told that they couldn't ship my order because "it is out of stock". The DJI site is still displaying 7-10 day shipping for the Fly More combo!!

I HATE BEING LIED TO, so they can fly their drones where the sun doesn't shine AND post the video as far as I'm concerned.

I'd still love to have one, but at the moment I am just too annoyed to give them a penny of my money.

Bob
Full agree with your comment Bob.
I'm having the worst experience with DJI.
I order my Mavic on 18/Jan/2027 at that time they mention 3-5 days to disparch....
They already took my money from my account!!
I wrote more than 3 emails asking for tracking number of AWB....
Nothing....
Funny thing eas a reply where they mentioned that the lady that was taking care of my claim was out of duty by the time.....
What?!?!?!
Amazing DJI Customer service!
If during next week I don't have the Mavic I think that I will order the refund ....

I get a kick of people saying "they took my money". First of all its credit, it isn't your money until you start to pay it back. And I'm sure if there was any issues they'd refund you your "money" and keep business going as usual.

Too many egos, too many babied individuals grow up as babies. This is an invention many of us being old are thankful it exists...

Order the MP and have the patience to wait for it. If not more air space for the rest of us.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Bob
:(

Be thankful you didn't order at release time. I ordered the week it came out, Sept, and received mine in mid-Dec (of course the week after my winter Caribbean vacation). And I was one of the first to get mine (and was charged when I placed my order). Patience is needed with DJI. You could always cancel and buy a Karma. I'm sure there will be plenty of them in stock. :0)

Bob

Best Buy seems to have them in stock at times. Keep an eye on the website. That's what I did

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Wow, an emotionally charged thread for sure! Bob, I won't tell you how to feel, that is your right.
I think what we are all saying is that it is about managing expectations. From the OP's perspective, I agree that DJI is doing a piss poor job managing expectations. Their estimates suck, they seem to place charges way ahead of shipment, mark things as shipped long before tracking numbers are issued, chat for the most part seems to be lip service...all contributing to a less than optimal customer experience.
But I also think you should manage your own expectations. Before I placed my order (still waiting, BTW), I did plenty of reading on here and set my expectations way low. I knew all these things would happen and took that into consideration. As it turns out, it looks like they are going to exceed those expectations, but we'll see.
I'm hoping to have it for a trip over President's day weekend. If it get's here great...if not, I'll take the P3S. Life goes on. It's just a "thing", not worth getting upset over, at least that's how I feel.

I received mine within 2 weeks of order and I am in upstate NY the downside is I already had to send it back because there was a problem with the gimble!

Bob
This forum is not for whining or crying

Reactions: constantinople
Bob bummer on the delay ! I ordered & paid for my Mavic Pro from a Camera Shop in the last week of November & did not receive it till Jan 12th ! Like a 40 day wait time.

These Mavics are really popular for good reason, this is absolutely the best Quad I have ever flown.
I now have over 12 hours of flight time & still can't believe the images this thing gets, & how steady the gimble keeps the video image.

Be patient, this Quad is well worth the wait !

Full agree with your comment Bob.
I'm having the worst experience with DJI.
I order my Mavic on 18/Jan/2027 at that time they mention 3-5 days to disparch....
They already took my money from my account!!
I wrote more than 3 emails asking for tracking number of AWB....
Nothing....
Funny thing eas a reply where they mentioned that the lady that was taking care of my claim was out of duty by the time.....
What?!?!?!
Amazing DJI Customer service!
If during next week I don't have the Mavic I think that I will order the refund ....

There a few things here for you and the OP. I ordered mine 2 days before you did on 1/16. They did not take my money until 1/19 and then on 1/25 the money showed back up in my account.

Like you I checked with DJI chat a few times and was told my ship date would be no later than 1/30. Well after wanting to claim the walls with excitement my order went from authorized to charged and shipping pending and on 1/30 sure enough it was shipped and I got it on 2/1.

Now I also had one on order with Apple since 12/26 and they were quoting me 2/27-3/11 estimated ship dates. With the DJI order in transit I canceled the Apple order which took them a week to get me my money back.

Long and short these things are in high demand AND they are so worth the wait. Sit tight take a deep breath and relax. It will get there. But do realize you also hit Chinese New Year so that could also cause a delay.

In the end you've got one on order, it's a great drone and you'll live if you have to wait a few weeks like the rest of us. Just smile and wave, smile as wave. [emoji16]

Reactions: C&B
Bob, I feel your pain but I caution you not to act too hasty. I. like most was fibbed to by DJI through New Egg. Like some waited around checking shipping every day. Was told it had shipped when it infact had not, and the one day after another seething email with new egg customer service I was told that they had the wrong shipping number and it should be delivered today! It was! I have never been happier. This is the single most exciting "toy" I have ever owned. It makes me get out of bed in the morning with a smile and a song. Today it is raining and thats the only reason that I am on the computer rather than flying. Bob, trust me . Be patient. Write some more of your feelings. Take a deep breath, but do not cancel. It hurts now but it will be so much better.
On another note, I used the time to study for my Part 107 license. I have not taken the test, but I feel that I am almost there. Who knows wouldn't it be nice to actually make a few bucks with something you love and write your new toy off in the mean time. Keep us informed buddy. If you lived closer you could come fly mine.

I don't understand what determines how some people get their order filled and others wait for weeks!

I think they have so many orders than even they are overwhelmed /confused and don't know what to do. I waited over 2 months for mine.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainmanflyin