DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Recommendations: Image / Video editing software...

crazy_tall

Reactions
Hi,

I'm looking for recommendations for good image & video editing software. Are there any which do both well which people can recommend?

Seems to be so much choice but just not sure... looked into Lightroom / Final Cut Pro etc.

Thanks in advance

Hello @crazy_tall

A quick use of the search function will give you many (I stress many lol) items to research:

Hello @crazy_tall

A quick use of the search function will give you many (I stress many lol) items to research:

Thanks @BigAl07 I'll take a look. Appreciate your response.

Reactions: BigAl07
I'm VERY new to both drone piloting and video editing. I have used Adobe Premiere Elements in the past, but have recently switched over to Cyberlink PowerDirector. I found a lot of YouTube vids that instruct on 'how-to' do every function. (Slo-Mo, Speed-Up, Audio-Tracks, etc.) Hope this helps. Anyone out there prefer Adobe over Cyberlink? Please let me know... and why. Much appreciated!
Jay

I guess everyone who transits into video from DSLR slide shows (which I reluctantly did) needs to learn video editing. I searched for over two years for my community college to offer Adobe Premiere but they never had enough students to justify a class. Finally, I was able to engage a wonderful teacher who spent 3 days at my computer with me teaching me Adobe Premiere Pro. There is definitely a learning curve but in the end, it is worth it fi you can learn Adobe Premiere pro. I'd recommend subscription to Creativelive.com and sign up for free and watch some of their tutorials as well as tutorials on You Tube which are great and free, I use Abba Shapiro's class on Creative Live. Many large cities have visual arts or computer classes offered privately- just Google them. I am still in the learning phase an having a great time in my retirement with of of this. Here is a link to one of my earlier videos.

I guess everyone who transits into video from DSLR slide shows (which I reluctantly did) needs to learn video editing. I searched for over two years for my community college to offer Adobe Premiere but they never had enough students to justify a class. Finally, I was able to engage a wonderful teacher who spent 3 days at my computer with me teaching me Adobe Premiere Pro. There is definitely a learning curve but in the end, it is worth it fi you can learn Adobe Premiere pro. I'd recommend subscription to Creativelive.com and sign up for free and watch some of their tutorials as well as tutorials on You Tube which are great and free, I use Abba Shapiro's class on Creative Live. Many large cities have visual arts or computer classes offered privately- just Google them. I am still in the learning phase an having a great time in my retirement with of of this. Here is a link to one of my earlier videos.

The educational community surrounding Adobe products is extensive and is frankly a solid selling point. Even inside the apps, there is a learning panel which can give context sensitive instructions when you run into a hitch. The public high schools in my area have the full suite for all students to go with their laptops. Its a game changer for them. Even Adobe Rush (the most simple editing they offer) that integrates seamlessly with Premier allows students to create some stunning content cell phones in an hour or two with very little instruction. I haven't tried Rush with the cached video on my phone yet but that's on my list of things to try. Sending out a sweet edited video from the field while batteries are charging seems like a lot of fun.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos