DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Resolved - USA Deliveries From China

RWD

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Folks, new guy here, I have not posted my "Pilot Check In" yet. I'm located in the endless 'burbs of Houston, TX. I took delivery of my Mavic 2 Pro on Thursday last week, and decided it would be fun to have a smaller drone too - which led to the following interesting situation:

I just wanted to let folks know about a delivery problem I just encountered yesterday. I ordered a Mavic Air, and DJI shipped it from China. I was notified by Fedex that the shipment is being held in Anchorage, with the following exceptions:

Clearance instructions from the importer are required.
Recommended action: importer must provide instructions.

Reason for delay: shipment subject to anti-dumping / countervailing review. Shipment held for agreement to pay duty.
Recommended action: Fedex will contact importer.

I guess (??) this is because of Trump's trade spat with China??

I contacted DJI Help, and the logistics folks do not work Sunday. They will escalate to them when they get in on Monday. The Fedex exception says they will contact the importer (IU guess that is me (??) about paying duty. There was nothing in the DJI Store about the customer having to pay duty on something shipped from China.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?? I'd really appreciate any insight that can be offered....

Thanks folks.......

...the_new_guy...

PS - apologies if this should have been posted to another area - mods, please feel free to move if required.
(I will get a better introduction posted to the "Pilot Check In" area in the next few days)

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
I dont think you are the importer. You dont pay duty... you just have to wait for the delivery...when????

UPDATE: My two boxes were cleared through customs at 1047h Anchorage time, and will be on their way to me this evening. Looks like Wednesday AM delivery.

I made some calls today, and discovered that DJI Customer Support are pretty useless. Despite me giving them all the information from the FEDEX Website, they just kept to the script that there was a delivery exception and that it was up to FEDEX to solve, and that it could take 3-5 days(!!). I also called FEDEX and the agent was able to tell me that there was an entire pallet with 191 shipments on it from DJI that was being held for customs clearance, and that it was up to DJI ti provide the documentation for the release. I have no information on whether DJI had to pay import duties, or whether they provided documentation that would exempt the shipments from duty.

Something to keep in mind if you are ordering from the DJI Store - there could be an extended delay getting customs clearance if your stuff needs to be shipped from Shenzhen.

Mr dragon - you were indeed correct about DJI being the importer in this case, thanks for your reply.

>>>I don't know how to edit the title of this thread to indicate that the matter is RESOLVED, but that might be helpful for people.

Out of curiosity, how long did it take to resolve the problem? Did you also post on the DJI Forum site?

It took about 40 hours from when FEDEX posted the message about the need for a review to the time that a FEDEX message indicating customs clearance was posted. From my contact with FEDEX, there was a pallet with almost 200 shipments from DJI that were all quarantined for the same reason. My guess is that DJI got the message pretty quickly with that number of shipments being held up.

I did not post to the DJI Forum, I am not a member over there, but maybe I should check it out.

Folks, new guy here, I have not posted my "Pilot Check In" yet. I'm located in the endless 'burbs of Houston, TX. I took delivery of my Mavic 2 Pro on Thursday last week, and decided it would be fun to have a smaller drone too - which led to the following interesting situation:

I just wanted to let folks know about a delivery problem I just encountered yesterday. I ordered a Mavic Air, and DJI shipped it from China. I was notified by Fedex that the shipment is being held in Anchorage, with the following exceptions:

Reason for delay: shipment subject to anti-dumping / countervailing review. Shipment held for agreement to pay duty.

I contacted DJI Help, and the logistics folks do not work Sunday. They will escalate to them when they get in on Monday. The Fedex exception says they will contact the importer (IU guess that is me (??) about paying duty. There was nothing in the DJI Store about the customer having to pay duty on something shipped from China.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?? I'd really appreciate any insight that can be offered....

Thanks folks.......

...the_new_guy...

PS - apologies if this should have been posted to another area - mods, please feel free to move if required.
(I will get a better introduction posted to the "Pilot Check In" area in the next few days)
I just ordered from the DJI store for the first time. My package is eing held for the same reason in Honolulu right now.

Thanks folks.......

...the_new_guy...

My shipment is being held for the same exact reason. You would think DJI would be sending the correct paperwork

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu