DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Screw trying to order a mavic!!!

If you don't care about picking up the "refresh" due to the time limit you have to purchase it
There is no time limit. If you purchase it after 48 hours, you'll have to record a video to show DJI support your Mavic is in working order.

The DJI Store has been shipping Mavics in 5-7 business days for about a week now. They of course don't charge tax either.

Thanks for the clarification!

You actually have 48 hours from the moment you register the drone (first startup) so unless you are buying used that shouldn't be an issue. Also, after 48 hours you can still get the Refresh insurance if you jump through some hoops by filling out extra paperwork and including specific pictures of the drone.

I own 2 Yuneec drones and just don't trust either of them. They fly fine sometimes and sometimes just do weird stuff without touching the controls. Even support could not tell me what the issue was (yes, they looked at telemetry data as well as video showing the issue to correspond to that data) but they were more than willing to have me pay to ship it back to them and have them test in their own. I wish I could trust them as I like the drones as far as looks and camera image quality but I just cannot trust them enough to fly them even 100 ft away or in altitude. :( I bought the Mavic as my first DJI drone hoping that it will be more trustworthy and so far it has been much better.

I had my Yuneec Chroma serviced at Horizon Hobby. Cost me $55 including return shipping and they "put it all back together for me" after a crash that was definitely my fault while using the "Wizard".
I had sent them a new fuselage that I'd bought in the hopes of replacing the crashed one myself BUT you have to pull the "guts" out through the nacelles because the screws holding the upper part of the fuselage to the bottom half are there for [reinforcement?] and although removable, don't accomplish separation. The two halves are pressed together. I may have been that dexterous as a youngster but sure ain't today. And I had it back inside of three weeks. HH sells Yuneec. They obviously service them.

If you go to DJI website and check there FAQ! It says when placing the order DJI takes the funds, but they also reverse the funds back to your account until your item ship. Then they take the money back out of your account. I didn't figure that out until after it happened to me twice. Then I placed the third order and the same thing happen but once it shipped they took the money back out. [emoji848][emoji849][emoji2] so basically they don't retake the money back out of your account until it ships or 28 days past whichever one comes first.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: jerryflah
Guess who got a mavic today?
Gearing up for its first flight . Hopefully it doesn't fly away.

055fe639e21100a1ac75418133b44d61.jpg

Take your time, Read the manual, watch the tutorial videos, watch other videos. This will help reduce the risk of user-induced fly-aways...

Guess who got a mavic today?
Gearing up for its first flight . Hopefully it doesn't fly away.

055fe639e21100a1ac75418133b44d61.jpg

That would be great! Maybe one of the companies will understand customer service....

I have both. Customer service is great for Autel and Yuneec but the birds aren't my favorites. There is a learning curve for Yuneec. I don't recommend Yuneec. Autel makes a great bird but the technology is somewhere between P3 and P4. New camera is coming out though 20mp that will be interchangeable with existing bird. I would go Autel if I were leaving the DJI camp.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I own 2 Yuneec I just cannot trust them enough to fly them even 100 ft away or in altitude. :( I bought the Mavic as my first DJI drone hoping that it will be more trustworthy and so far it has been much better.
X2 I own one. I don't trust it at all. No comparison so far in the stability of the platforms.

Unlike you, im not a fan of the video. Stills are comparative ...video I just don't care for it. The 360 gimbal.. does make some shots really easy and smooth. Otherwise... I just don't use it. I'm keeping the hours down on it so I can sell it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ordered mine last week direct from DJI, Arrived yesterday via FED EX overnight from china.

Sorry for the rant but I've been trying to order a mavic for weeks. I've ordered from dji like 3 times only to have my order cancelled for no reason . So I tried newegg. They also keep refunding me my money . It's actually starting to piss me off that no one will take my $$$$. I'm am contemplating just using the $$ to head to foxborough
And watching the patriots play the afc championship. Is mavic really worth the hassle and wait ?

I went online direct with DJI. tried ordering one using my US account but it failed. Tried my UK account and it went straight through, checked back on my emails a little later and my US bank asked me to confirm if the transaction was fraud as my account had been blocked! Check with your bank that they allow payments to China. I received my Mavic 2 x weeks later

When I missed the first deadline for ordering, I said I'd wait till they became readily available. I waited and watched Craigslist. Watched the scalpers asking 1500 and 1600 bucks. Just before Xmas I figured one of these scalpers would probably need the cash for the holidays. Sure enough offered a guy the same amount as if I'd have bought it from a local store plus tax and he accepted...

My point, keep an eye on your local CL. If you don't care about picking up the "refresh" due to the time limit you have to purchase it, its a good way to get one quickly at a very fair price...
I'm not sure you'll have a DJI warranty if you don't have the receipt from an authorized dealer. Be careful.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe