DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Should I Jump?

Don't get the Toruk AP 11 drone! It's flys like a brick and the app and camera never worked. Repeater wasn't in the box [emoji403] and the customer service kept asking me if I had actually purchased it ‍♂️ smh, hot garbage [emoji35]

Sent from [emoji211]

I just got done purchasing it from DJI!!!... Hopefully it finds its way to alaska nice and quick!

I just got done purchasing it from DJI!!!... Hopefully it finds its way to alaska nice and quick!

Alaska. Ive got the start from the movie "The Thing" in my mind.
Nice thread title btw. Hope you'll reconsider now you have the best drone :)

Reactions: ASUAviator
Air out that laundry [emoji268][emoji102][emoji268]

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
Haha.. not doing that. Too many people take it personally when you point out deficiencies. I will just stick with the Mavic it is easily the best. It's basically a P4 the size of your hand when folded. The trade off being the camera isn't quit as good. I won't compare the other manufacturers here.

Get it, because yes it is the best Drone for its portability and price tag. You can't do better. It is what it is, everything you've wanted in a drone so far and be able to afford it.

Haha.. not doing that. Too many people take it personally when you point out deficiencies. I will just stick with the Mavic it is easily the best. It's basically a P4 the size of your hand when folded. The trade off being the camera isn't quit as good. I won't compare the other manufacturers here.

People don't like when you pass gas in a car with the windows up but I think we are all guilty [emoji57]. If not here then where is it acceptable to gain knowledge about quads? That includes good and bad.

Ive been patiently waiting to get my first drone. When the Mavic came out I knew it was what I was waiting for. I held off to see what the reviews would be and they havent been encouraging.

I realize for every negative review, there are many happy customers. With a new model its certain to have short comings. Im curious how long it is before the next version makes its debut.

I guess what im getting out is has this been the right drone for you? or knowing what you know now, would you wait for the next model?

I been waiting a long time to get a drone, I always wanted one, my wife said no, friends said no, everyone I asked about getting one said "no don't waste your time, drones are stupid" so I held off for while. This was the time of the phantom 3 came out. So now the mavic came out and saw what it did I said F&@$ everyone and just bought it. My wife still thinks it was only 100 dollars. It was the greatest thing I done in my life I love this thing mavic "Hank" .... is his name. The video I put together, pictures, and flying has been a blast Totally worth it I jumped so should you.

Don't worry about when the new version will come out, because you will wait forever. Every year a new drone will come out. That is the same thing with everything else in world.. cars, TVs, clothes, phones, everything! So just go for it

I wouldn't wait for the next version. While it does have some new technology its all really an enhancement of existing DJI capabilities. Another way to look at it is, its had one maybe two firmware upgrades since its release.. That shows just how solid it is. Does that mean its perfect or that you have zero chances of getting a defective one? No... But it shows that its pretty solid...

I hate to keep this thread alive but I ordered my drone Tuesday night and should get it tomorrow(Friday)!!!!

I can think of no reason to wait .. it is solid and has worked flawlessly for me from day one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My mavic is so fun! I was nervous at first because of all the post that said they were having problems. It's an amazing little machine. Still on the original sets of props. No regrets

Reactions: Advexure
You are wasting time.

I have had 3 Phantoms , Typhoon H, X Star... the Mavic is my favorite and it isn't even close. I have had 0 problems you will love it. This is the most stable platform I have ever flown. It is the size of a coke can so it goes with me absolutely everywhere. So far I can't think of a single negative feature when compared to my other units. I could give you laundry list for my other birds though..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I'm pretty happy with my Mavic as well but as far as stable platform goes, yes the Mavic is great but in my experience my Phantom 3 handles the wind a lot better than my Mavic. 15-18mph winds my Phantom flew like a champ, with my Mavic though I was barely getting 2-5mph. I wouldn't fly this in plus 15mph winds, for me my absolute limit now with my Mavic is 15mph.

I guess it's fair to update that I've been happy with my mavic purchase

Unfortunately I have experienced many of the issues discussed on the forum...
Gps disconnect to ATTI mode
Tilted horizon/shutter when panning
Warm spot in center
Slow yaw without any input

I don't believe any of these issues are user error but I still have a lot to learn

Ive been patiently waiting to get my first drone. When the Mavic came out I knew it was what I was waiting for. I held off to see what the reviews would be and they havent been encouraging.

I realize for every negative review, there are many happy customers. With a new model its certain to have short comings. Im curious how long it is before the next version makes its debut.

I guess what im getting out is has this been the right drone for you? or knowing what you know now, would you wait for the next model?

I found it easy to fly I didn't expect much outta the box as I've never owned one but it was impressive the only thing I will say is the repair part sending it in so far is a joke they've had mine for 45 days An today said there out new unites lmao An can't tell me when they'll get more so that messed up but In my unprofessional opinion it's been fun other wise

It's definitely a super solid machine. Fantastic R&D by DJI. Just wish the roll out would have been a little more clean but we can continue to say "maybe they'll learn for next time"...I feel like we've been saying that for 3 or 4 years now and 15 straight DJI releases... :eek:

I guess it's fair to update that I've been happy with my mavic purchase

Unfortunately I have experienced many of the issues discussed on the forum...
Gps disconnect to ATTI mode
Tilted horizon/shutter when panning
Warm spot in center
Slow yaw without any input

I don't believe any of these issues are user error but I still have a lot to learn
gotta ask
have you done all the calibrations and updates before flying?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki