DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Skins for Mavic.

There seems to be Sale at DecalGirl -25% off every order with WINTER25 code (Expires January 24, 2017 at midnight EST). I think I'll get skin there instead of waiting for DroneWrap to launch their international website.
Now have to just figure out if I want cool looking dark skin or more practical bright one to make searching for missing drone easier. Hard choice :p
First world problems..

Reactions: davidws
Got my Matte black skin (Customised with my company logo) from decalgirl. Might have already been said but the battery skins don't come with numbers. You can add them in the customiser if you want them.

Real happy with the outcome, time consuming to apply but I took my time and used the girlfriends hair drier. 1 week and no peeling.

Also performed some shaky scissor work to keep the gold stripes and mavic pro logo (so worth it). Debating whether to colour in the rest of the grey with a black permanent marker...

Attachments

• DSC_0477.JPG
    DSC_0477.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 464
  • DSC_0471.JPG
    DSC_0471.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 464
  • DSC_0476.JPG
    DSC_0476.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 463
Reactions: jakexd9
Anyone get the file from Ashland? I tried to go to site but bandwidth exceeded? I ordered a set from Decal Girl but would like to have the template as well. If I can't get the template from Ashland, I'll probably create one since I have a vinyl cutter.

Thanks

First world problems..
Well, given what at what price DJI sells Mavics I'd say this whole forum is for first world problems :)

black permanent marker...
Perhaps you have different black premament markers then ones I ever used, but I'd advise against it. They are not true black, more like dark dark purple or blueish color. You won't see it on paper or any other soft surface but on hard plastics it tend to show its true colors and wears off easily. At least that was my experience almost every time I was using them to cut time (Instead of properly masking and painting)

Both look pretty good, but I wonder if you are having the same issue as I am. On mine the skin is constantly starting to peel off and i need to press it back down constantly, mainly where the 90 degree folds are on the arms. The battery skins also seem to peel up a little from time to time. Anyone else having that issue or did I just get a dud?

All surfaces MUST be cleaned before applying any self adhesive stickers we use methylated spirit when we make decals and stickers put a small amount on a soft cotton cloth, if a vinyl does not stick it's either crap vinyl or the surface is contaminated with something

Meths usually gently shifts any contamination

Also wash your hands before applying stickers and try to touch the sticky adhesive as little as possible especially near the edges

If you have just had a lunch of fried chicken you are gonna be one dirty greasy human! :)

Anything alocohol based is ok, I would test it first, as I say we use meths as it's very cheap and not too 'aggressive' whereas thinners or pure acetone might discolour or even dissolve some plastics

Test on a hidden bit first

Also THICK vinyl usually means it's crap! Nice vinyl like car wrap is around 50-70 microns carbon vinyl is a bit thicker due to its nature

Thin vinyl is the best it's called 'cast' vinyl and will go over contours and around corners very nicely

'Calendered' vinyl is usually polymeric and thick and is mainly for flat surfaces

Either will work on a drone to be fair but cast is by far the superior product

It's mainly down to conformability and lifespan

Calendared last about 3 years outside cast 7-10 years

Reactions: SeanOzz
There seems to be Sale at DecalGirl -25% off every order with WINTER25 code (Expires January 24, 2017 at midnight EST). I think I'll get skin there instead of waiting for DroneWrap to launch their international website.
Now have to just figure out if I want cool looking dark skin or more practical bright one to make searching for missing drone easier. Hard choice :p

a8f698926f9868439e44c815325a2e92.jpg
i had the same problem. So I did one of each lol

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

This is the first one in Australia Im told.

I was patiently waiting for my kit.
Then they told me that I will be the first one in Brazil!!!!
I'm so happy.
The. First. One. In. Brazil.
Whatever it means.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I had my first crash on Sunday and got stuck in some bare branches and fell a soft 8' into wet soft ground. Mavic had some mud to wipe off and broke all 4 props but the newly applied Decalgirl skin took most all scratch damage. Luckily no other damage to the Mavic, gimbal or camera from what I could tell, need more props to test fly.

The only problem I have with Decal Girl is making a selection. Too many interesting designs and I only have one Mavic.

Read through the Decal Girl reviews and ordered Sunday night. Arrived today and I am completely satisfied. Looks and fitment are first class. Really easy to install. Wrap is thin and workable over contours. Good to go.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 408

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan