DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

starter drone for kids

gtolover

Reactions
what would be a good reliable drone for an 11 year old to learn on?
within the 3-$400 dollar range
i looked at the spark but getting extra batterys exceeds this and most thats selling used sparks want near new price
i looked at the tello but it sells without a controller
anyone have experience with other drones?

Really any cheap 4 channel system will do. Syma quadcopters are great and indistrucable (literally). I also love the WL toys V911 helicopter (same controls as a quad) it's a fun little chopper for inside on blustery days or outside on calm ones. If you want something more serious, look into a RTF 250 racing quad. Starting inexpensive and working up to things like the Mavic is a great way to do it too. -CF

Honestly an 11 yr old, just go buy a simple $30 drone from Amazon. They are going to crash whatever they get to begin with anyway so let them learn on something cheap and then once they get the hang of flying without GPS then move them up. A Mavic isn't that hard to fly, but you don't want an 11yr old tearing it all up trying to learn how to fly.

Hey this is exactly what I did to learn and I am sure there are others on here that did the same thing. My first quad was a Syma X5. It was and still is fun to fly and it was great to learn on. It costs $39.99 on Amazon right now. You don't need to register it, and there aren't any real rules to flying it. The camera sux but it still works. If it crashes you can buy parts to fix it with, which is also fun to mess around with.

Reactions: FuzLogix
If you'd consider a used Phantom 3 standard with an extra battery I'd sell it to you cheap. Works perfect last time I flew it & never crashed.

what kind of price and accessory's?

Phantom, controller, extra set of props, & an extra battery. I don't know anything more that you need. I'd be willing to ship it & you can pay me after you try it out. No way to lose. It's just taking up space. Just PM me if you want it with address. $175.00

Phantom, controller, & an extra battery. I don't know anything more that you need. I'd be willing to ship it & you can pay me after you try it out. No way to lose. It's just taking up space. $175.00
i couldnt accept without paying first,i bought her the mavic air and realized it was too much,so im waiting for the funds to get back to me but at 175 assuming it flys is a no brainer so ill gladly buy it,msg me plz

Honestly an 11 yr old, just go buy a simple $30 drone from Amazon. They are going to crash whatever they get to begin with anyway so let them learn on something cheap and then once they get the hang of flying without GPS then move them up. A Mavic isn't that hard to fly, but you don't want an 11yr old tearing it all up trying to learn how to fly.

Hey this is exactly what I did to learn and I am sure there are others on here that did the same thing. My first quad was a Syma X5. It was and still is fun to fly and it was great to learn on. It costs $39.99 on Amazon right now. You don't need to register it, and there aren't any real rules to flying it. The camera sux but it still works. If it crashes you can buy parts to fix it with, which is also fun to mess around with.

The Syma x5 is an excellent choice of first drone (was also my first) Recommend also if you want to get good at flying in atti mode.

I also have the Spark and think it’s a great drone for a starter, or anyone to use. It flies great and takes pretty decent videos. I’d get the RC for it though and not use the phone. I bought the Fly More Kit for those off days I don’t want to fly the Mavic, Inspire, or P4 [emoji6]
Wait for some kind of sale, or keep an eye out in the classifieds. For me, the DJI products are hard to beat. The post above about buying a used Phantom is good too. I have a P3P and a P4. Great drones to fly.

Phantom, controller, extra set of props, & an extra battery. I don't know anything more that you need. I'd be willing to ship it & you can pay me after you try it out. No way to lose. It's just taking up space. Just PM me if you want it with address. $175.00
i was going to agree with post 3
but who could not pass this offer upThumbswayup
i was going to say any of these would be a good start up
20180125_215157_resized.jpg

i was going to agree with post 3
but who could not pass this offer upThumbswayup
i was going to say any of these would be a good start up
View attachment 29547
i dont think you have enough drones:)
i agree the phantom 3 is too hard to pass up in many ways,good beginner and if crashed alot is not lost but most of all is someone willing to send it upfront really renews faith in people which isnt found very often

Reactions: Simmo
i dont think you have enough drones:)
i agree the phantom 3 is too hard to pass up in many ways,good beginner and if crashed alot is not lost but most of all is someone willing to send it upfront really renews faith in people which isnt found very often
renews faith in people which isnt found very often
totally agree
i do have more drones, doted around the house, taken home by my grandson or trashed.
the shelf in the photo just happens to be above my pc screens so i snapped it to post.
my wife says "i think you have enough drones"

Reactions: gtolover

This is a great guy here[emoji106]. We need more people like this.

Syma is the way to go! They’re tough little drones. My 10 year old has 3 Symas and we just ordered the Eachine E58 (mini Mavic) so he can fly like his mama.

Syma is the way to go! They’re tough little drones. My 10 year old has 3 Symas and we just ordered the Eachine E58 (mini Mavic) so he can fly like his mama.
My first drone was a Syma X5. Wifi camera never worked but not a bad starter drone

I got a Holystone hs 400 from Amazon, almost 50% off on a lightning deal. It's big and cool looking. Camera tilts. Very challenging to fly. Too many trees in my yard so I've crashed alot.

I got it stuck in a pine tree by the neighbors house about 75' up. Tried shooting it out with 12 gauge buckshot. Ran out of ammo. Later that night I heard the branch break, the HS fell out and hit the roof. Damage wasn't too bad, still flying.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kasperskyy