DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

STAY HOME YES, NO,

Just added FAUDA to my Netflix List. Any other recommendations?

If you're a sci-fi fan or like time travel I'd recommend Dark which I've just finished and was right up my street, it starts off feeling like it's another version of Stranger things but it's not like that at all.

On a completely different topic I've also been watching How to fix a drug scandal which is a very eye opening look at the failure to deal with two lab staff who were mishandling crucial drug tests for criminal trials.

I bought a really nice endurance pedal bike a couple of years ago and last year decided I should have a go at riding from Land's end to John O'groats (LEJOG) which is all the way from the southern most point of the UK to the most northern point. However it fell apart before I started and I ended up with a fairly serious thyroid problem that completely floored me, I went from being able to cycle 100+ miles in a day to not even being able to sit up any more which was pretty alarming. Thankfully the local medical people were excellent and diagnosed the problem quickly and I spent the next few months building my fitness back up.

This year I had grand plans to make up for the lack of riding last year which of course has come to a grinding halt now, I can't do any group rides nor can I do endurance rides either. I've signed up for a virtual LEJOG challenge where any miles you do are added to your total and it shows you how far you've made it along the trip so I figured this would be good motivation to get out short cycles regularly rather than aiming for less regular long rides.

There's nothing particularly clever about it but it's quite rewarding working through the miles and getting virtual Post cards after each ride showing how what I would have passed if I was doing the ride properly. As an added bonus I'm definitely sleeping better which is welcome.

The poor drone is stuck at home which is a shame given there's been some fantastic weather here with bright blue skies and sparkling water which would be perfect for some drone shots but they're taking the lock down seriously here and the police are stopping quite a few vehicles to check what they're doing so not even worth considering taking the drone out with me.

Up in north eastern Ontario Canada, spring is dragging its feet, so we have had cold and blustery weather most of the last 6 weeks. I have not flown much at all, but the wife and I are keeping comfy around the house and I walk our two dogs up to four times per day. We live in a very rural area, with wilderness at our backs, so the air is clean, the population is really sparse, all good for avoiding covid. However, the wife and I have to do some shopping for food now and then, we are being super careful. We are not locked in, but have been staying home,

I retired Feb 1, and this is not how I pictured my retirement! So I have been watching as many reviews on various possible drone upgrades, waiting to see how others fare with some of the new releases then hopefully, by the time we can get out more, I can land my purchase and get after it. I did take a mental health drive into the wilds a week or two ago, on my own, it was really peaceful. Not seeing the grandkids except on Skype or Duo is tough, but we are all in the same boat it seems, they cant see their friends any other way now.

If the wind settles down and the sun comes out for more than a few hours, the drone and I may go for a drive to a suitable spot, away from humanity and soar!

Stay safe all....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet