DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

STROBON Cree® LED Strobe Lights

So you're saying the VIFLY is better than the Strobon Cree Dual?
I'm saying it's brighter because it contains more LEDs.

Better really depends on which features you need. For example, it's about 1/3 larger than the STROBON, so it's not better size-wise if you need the smallest light available.

The link on your website for more information on the lights is returning a 404 error
Here's the current link:

Hey Mike, looking on the first link the standalone are £9.90 each, so I'm ordering one RED and one GREEN but I just noticed on the latest link these are £14.90 each??? Are they the same product?

I don't mind 2 X £9.90 but 2 X £14.90 is a step too far!

Last edited:
But you can still access the products by clicking on the links along the top - white on black.
If you're after strobes that's the place to go, much cheaper!
Yes, Thanks. I found the content, but just wanted to let the OP know he was sending a bad link. (In the past I managed web sites and loved it when people reported problems that were easy to fix.)

Reactions: dulcificum
I never thought I'd attach anything to my Mini 2 but me thinks strobes are a good idea purely from a visual point of view.
Just going to put port and starboard lights on which will also help me see which way it's pointing.

Last edited:
I'm saying it's brighter because it contains more LEDs.

Better really depends on which features you need. For example, it's about 1/3 larger than the STROBON, so it's not better size-wise if you need the smallest light available.
And I'm saying the number of LEDs is not necessarily relevant when the lumen output of an LED varies by several orders of magnitude. More information is required. Which is why I am asking.

Especially when a VIFLY has only one green LED how can I tell whether that is brighter than a Strobon CREE Dual with one green LED?

For my purposes size and weight is pretty much irrelevant. More important is brightness, battery life and whether they conform to FAA cycle frequencies.

Reactions: retiredNH
And I'm saying the number of LEDs is not necessarily relevant when the lumen output of an LED varies by several orders of magnitude.
You'll have to contact the manufacturers if you require the lumen output. I've never seen that information advertised anywhere. All I can tell you is there are far better options than the STROBON Cree lights. That's why I no longer sell them.

Especially when a VIFLY has only one green LED how can I tell whether that is brighter than a Strobon CREE Dual with one green LED?
If you must have green lights, skip both of these and get green Firehouse ARC lights instead. ARC lights are event brighter than VIFLY lights (again, to my eyes).

battery life and whether they conform to FAA cycle frequencies
Per the manufacturers, the VIFLY lights have double the run time when compared to STROBON lights. I'm not familiar with "FAA cycle frequencies", but I can tell you both manufacturers advertise their lights can be seen from at least 3 miles away. Whether you can safely fly your drone from that distance is an entirely different (and more important) question.

You'll have to contact the manufacturers if you require the lumen output. I've never seen that information advertised anywhere. All I can tell you is there are far better options than the STROBON Cree lights. That's why I no longer sell them.

If you must have green lights, skip both of these and get green Firehouse ARC lights instead. ARC lights are event brighter than VIFLY lights (again, to my eyes).

Per the manufacturers, the VIFLY lights have double the run time when compared to STROBON lights. I'm not familiar with "FAA cycle frequencies", but I can tell you both manufacturers advertise their lights can be seen from at least 3 miles away. Whether you can safely fly your drone from that distance is an entirely different (and more important) question.
Thanks for the reply. These are not for a drone.

I only need red and green LEDs for now. What in your opinion are the two best options? (price and availability in Europe are a factor).

Thanks,

I'm using a single Firehouse arc v on my m3 and its pretty crazy bright. I can't look at it while I turn it on because I'll see spots. I don't go far at ALL at night (yet) because I am just plain scared. lol During the day I can see it about 1/2 mile out in optimum conditions. My eyes stink. I would think "normal people" would be able to see this strobe much further. ha.

The only negative I have is the multiple button presses to get to the mode of flashing I want. Which, I would assume, is the mode EVERYONE would be utilizing...The one where it just blinks intermittently like a strobe. lol.
...I mean, who's really using all these other modes, anyway??

Thanks for the reply. These are not for a drone.

I only need red and green LEDs for now. What in your opinion are the two best options? (price and availability in Europe are a factor).

Thanks,

I agree with msinger and the ARC V strobe(s).

I purchased a four pack ( 2 white, one green, one red) a while back and I'm extremely satisfied with the product.

I'm not sure if they'll ship to the U.K. but you could drop them a line to find out.

They have Blue and Amber too if needed.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devilsown