DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Swearing and bad language.

flying_outcast

Reactions
I sometimes use bad language, bad habit I know but I do.
Many of us. I get a warnings from mods from time to time, I respect that but still I always feel like I'm being nannied a little and adults would not loose sleep over seeing the f-word or even someone adding a short word that describes (and isn't even that bad language) what comes out of your rear end.

Wouldn't it solve the issue if there error NSFW filter on the forum by default that would make such posts that include some offensive language simply not visible to others than one who have is able the filter in settings?

That way the ******** like me could say ****, and **** all they want. And not even one snowflake would have to get offended.

The average age in here seems to be around 50, I'm not seeing any kids here.....

I know how you feel. I write like I talk. Most of the people I know swear like sailors. Its hard not to when your trying to make a point.

I used to write a news letter for a biker club. Some of the women used to complain. I used to tell them that if they were offended not to read my articles or if they thought they could do better to take over. Needless to say I kept doing it for years.

We don't realize it sometimes when we do it. Sometimes we do. People sometimes need to grow a little skin. Is that all they have to complain about.

The 2 worst habits I picked up from uncle Sam: Cussing and Insomnia

Last edited:
Yeah I see all the breaking news research on FB about how people who curse are smarter than everyone else. Here's my take. I curse frequently. I was in the military and I'm in a male dominated profession. But I also have self control. I do no curse in mixed company. I do not curse in front of my children and I do not curse in front of the children of others. Just like I pass gas, but don't pass gas at the dinner table. Just like I don't bring up certain topics in inappropriate places. Or laugh at funerals. Or talk back to my mother. Etc. It's simply manners, that's all.

I never got used to swear or smoke... While latter is too expensive and too bad for my health, former - well, I never miss vocabulary to describe what I want to say in more specific way than "**** man, this ******* **** is ******* awesome".
Still, I don't mind others swearing. Not my busines really.
Okay, when I hit my finger with a hammer - I'm suddenly ******* polyglot ;)

Reactions: Blades
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998