DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tablet/ DJI fly

curtfire77

Reactions
Site
youtube.com
Just curious what not to expensive tablets will work with the DJI Fly app, just want something with more space than my smartphone to see all the settings and such

You can save a bit by using a tablet without a compass. You won't have the orientation of the controller shown on the screen, but you can fly without that. (Be aware of how you have the controller aimed to get the best communication with the drone.)

There was a recent discussion here in which someone said they'd used an Amazon Fire tablet successfully. I didn't follow it, but it might be worth searching for. The Fire models are relatively inexpensive.

I use my 12.9" iPad. Works great. The larger tablet allows me to see detail that I would miss with my phone or a smaller tablet and I'm fairly sure I saved myself from running into a wire across a river at one point.

Reactions: fgurnee01 and Rnl
I use an Asus Zenpad Z8s ZT582KL which you can find used for around $70 and new for $200 that works great. and an older Ipad pro, also works great.

Hitting the requirements of the Fly app is your goal. There is a ton of information here to point you in the right direction for requirements and this site will give you the spec on just about any tablet or phone.

I wanted the GPS/compass so that's why I opted for the two I purchased.

I use an LG GPad 5 10.1 with Android 9 OS. Don't know if it has an accelerometer, but it has a compass. Got it for $55 at a pawn shop.
Runs DJI Fly and Litchi without issue.
The only problem is it has the world's glossiest, most reflective screen.

Just recently went to an IPad 6th gen.
Like said, you miss so much detail on a phone screen.
Not super happy with the extra weight, but I can live with it.
I’m happy. 😊

Reactions: fgurnee01
Samsung A7 10.1 inch tablet is what I currently use. Works great, although the added weight of the tablet, holder and sunshade is somewhat cumbersome, but well worth the price for detail and clarity.

Reactions: Zeprider
Samsung A7 10.1 inch tablet is what I currently use. Works great, although the added weight of the tablet, holder and sunshade is somewhat cumbersome, but well worth the price for detail and clarity.
Same same. Tablet, and a full Hoodman Aviator (HAV3KIT) sunshield kit. It's insane. My remote consists of:

The tiny MA2 remote control
LifThor Baldur holder with tripod mount, and neck strap connector.
Galaxy Tab A7 10.1"
Hoodman Aviator (HAV3KIT) full size sunshield kit

Works a treat!

Just curious what not to expensive tablets will work with the DJI Fly app, just want something with more space than my smartphone to see all the settings and such
Samsung Tab 8 (2019). Runs Litchi and DJI Go 4 newest version without problems, and cost very little$$$

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cht6688