DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Taking my mavic to Japan

delamarrr

Reactions
Hi, im pretty confused about flying a drone in Japan. If i check the DJI NFZ map i can fly in lots of places without a problem. Theres only a few temples and government buildings which are off limits. But i did some searching and there is another website called seranova.jp which is recommended by some people to use. This website basically shows that just about every city in Japan is totally off limits. You have to travel out into the county before its legal.

If i check other websites like dronelawjapan.com they just state the basic rules like not flying near an airport, over people, near buildings and so on.

There is people on tripadviser recently who live in japan who say no flying in tokyo but just about every where else is ok as long as you follow the basic rules listed above.

What do i believe?

Tokyo is a vast area ranging from urban concentration and suburban sprawl, to farms, mountains, lakes, and open fields. I believe that the restricted areas are focused on the urban and suburban areas. There is an official DJI store in Shinjuku. They would know more.

That store is just a shopfront and tiny. Waste of time.
Not sure why you say that. I visited the store, more than a shopfront, had a better line up of products compared to a half dozen stores I visited in Tokyo and Singapore, and were helpful.

I've just checked very simple AirMap and they are quite conclusive. Since there are a lot of airports in and around Tokyo, half the city is a NZF. But besides that, all seems good to go. All marked green.
I have never been to Japan but I would definitely take my Mavic with me

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi