DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The view is sliding?

RogFed

Reactions
Dear Guys,

1 months ago I've crashed my drone from 3m. After visual check, I only detected that the gimbal was slightly damaged - very tiny scratch on its body. But nothing went wrong till to today.

But I have doubts about something, please see attached video. When I move my drone right or to left, I see that the view is sliding. Maybe I am wrong and it is a usual effect. I need your comments.

Please focus on white old building for understanding the situation.Do you think that is this normal?

P.S: I have additional dji insuarance + warranty as well.

Regards,

Do you mean that the whole drone seems to be drifting right? Or is it more of a jello-effect problem?
-CF

It shouldn't do that abrupt movement, you will sometimes see a more gentle drift as the gimbal tries to smooth out your yaw inputs and strong wind will sometimes cause some odd effects.
Can you see the camera moving incorrectly if flying close at hand?

It shouldn't do that abrupt movement, you will sometimes see a more gentle drift as the gimbal tries to smooth out your yaw inputs and strong wind will sometimes cause some odd effects.
Can you see the camera moving incorrectly if flying close at hand?

Dear 4wd,

Thanks.

As MavicCF said this jello effect is the problem. When no wind conditions existed, it is still same.

When I hold it on my hand as you say, gimble gives me the smooth move as you said. But on the air you saw my video!

I sent an e mail to DJI but they are not god at customer services.

Are your props damaged from the crash? Unbalanced or irregular props can sometimes cause jello-effect. -CF

Could you post some close ups of your gimbal and the vibration dampening plate that it mounts to? Could be some damage was done there too. -CF

Could you post some close ups of your gimbal and the vibration dampening plate that it mounts to? Could be some damage was done there too. -CF

Yes Mavic props damaged but I changed all 4.

Mavic Mavic is not next to me now, I will post the photos of gimbal and its dampening plate at home for your review.

Thanks!!!!

Is your gimbal seated properly. DJI has a video about making sure it is seated under the limiting tab

Hi All and Hi to @MavicCF ,@GooniesNeverDie ,

Sorry for delay guys. Please see attached photos and video for understanding the current situation well.

Please pay attention to scratch/crack next to screw on the gimbal. For avoiding future problems maybe I should send it to repair service! I don't know.

Thanks to all guys. You do a lot for the people in here....

Regards,

Attachments

• IMG_9963.JPG
    IMG_9963.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_9962.JPG
    IMG_9962.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 16
From what I can see, it looks like it's seated properly under the tab etc. If you could post a pic looking down the back of the gimbal It would be helpfulI. I think it would have to be the vibration plate, what do you others think? -CF

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21