DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

This thing is pretty amazing.

I don't need RTH to hit my take off point. I need it to get the thing back to where I can see it. I have never actually let it land. When I can see it again I cancel RTH and take it from there.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots
I agree but it would be nice if i could get it to do what they claim it can do, which is land where it took off......I will try in a different location away from all of the signal interference in my backyard. I assume that is what is causing it to be off.....I agree, I don't like to rely on the autonomous flight systems to fly but like to know if they in fact work or not....

Also, to your point, what if you have a RC failure and are unable to regain connection to the drone? I would like to know that it is going return and land where it took off from.

I agree but it would be nice if i could get it to do what they claim it can do, which is land where it took off......I will try in a different location away from all of the signal interference in my backyard. I assume that is what is causing it to be off.....I agree, I don't like to rely on the autonomous flight systems to fly but like to know if they in fact work or not....

Also, to your point, what if you have a RC failure and are unable to regain connection to the drone? I would like to know that it is going return and land where it took off from.

I agree with that. As long as it's take off point has colour differences it will land within inches. If u take off from grass or any consistent colour surface it does not have a solid picture to precise land.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Try hovering around 10-15ft above your takeoff point and allow it to image it. You will know when you return to home if it got the image if it says precision landing. I placed it on home plate in a park, flew it a mile away and hit RTH and it landed back on the base.

Sent from my Pixel XL using MavicPilots mobile app

Yea,I think it may be having trouble with the snow even though I had a tan board with a big black X on it as a landing pad.....

Anyone use a landing pad? I saw a video on youtube of DIY landing pads with patterns to aid the sensors with landing. I went to home depot got some white plastic sheet and with flat black and matte red made a fairly complex pattern. Haven't got to try it yet since I'm still waiting on the drone to ship. I'm on here daily anxiously awaiting the time I can do what you guys are.

Anyone use a landing pad? I saw a video on youtube of DIY landing pads with patterns to aid the sensors with landing. I went to home depot got some white plastic sheet and with flat black and matte red made a fairly complex pattern. Haven't got to try it yet since I'm still waiting on the drone to ship. I'm on here daily anxiously awaiting the time I can do what you guys are.

Yes i have one and im sure it does help the mavic but it also keeps it out of the dirt ..

just shy of 5 hours in sky and ill get video transmission weak then i raise the mavic 50 feet and seems better 62 flights behind me i also get gimbal tilt warning and high wind speed i see no handling or flying issues 3/4 mile one way my farthest flight lots of trees here craft acts as its supposed to amazing

I always use a landing pad for take off an landing. It is made of a reflector for photography, with a super cloth taped arrow. Also for extra protection I use a piece of sleeping mat underneath. I have tried full RTH several times and it has never failed.

Picture from my Mavic on a day without snow

Last edited:
Reactions: sosmaverick
I have made distance over 2km as well from my location..with video feed and everything...all worked nicely..did nearly 8km in that one flight..:) , this thing is coooool..
Honestly, I was bit worried first.
Even, Ihave have done many tests on short distance first.
But, why not :)

d1f65ea0d991aa78deb083a3e1fe823b.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910F using MavicPilots mobile app

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_