DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Those That Sent Mavic in for Repair: Did You Have DJI Refresh?

lifeismusic

Reactions
Pretty self-explanatory here, as the title suggests I'm curious about if most recent repairs have been handled while having Refresh or without.

A lot of posts have been either crashes (user error) or actual defects that were either fixed or replaced altogether.

What has your experience been? My Mavic is on its way to me in the next few days and I'm torn between Refresh (1 year) vs Asurion (2 years + water damage) - this is my first "real" drone and cannot get insurance through State Farm in California.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

If DJI determine from the logs that the Mavic crashed due to a f/w issue, a loss of signal error (within a reasonable range) or basically anything connected with the controller or Mavic which was out of the users control then they will cover it under warranty.

DJI Care only covers user error whether it be accidental or due to careless flying. However it will not cover water damage so if you fly near water and it gets wet etc. you are not covered unless of course it was an issue with the f/w etc. as mentioned above that caused the incident.

All are on a case by case basis and my assumption is as the f/w becomes more and more stable then more and more cases will be pushed towards to being covered by DJI Care whereas at the moment they are being pretty lenient and covering the majority of incidents under warranty.

I took out DJI Care simply for the reason that should anything happen it would be replaced relatively quickly rather then having to wait for insurance to pay out and then another 6 to 8 weeks for a replacement to arrive. However my Mavic is also covered under my home insurance should anything outside of the DJI cover happen to it.

What does Asurion cover? Is it crash damage, theft as well as water damage? If so and you are happy to wait for a replacement then I would think that is your best option, remembering that as time goes on they will be much easier to get hold of anyway.

Best of luck with receiving your Mavic though, you are going to love it! :)

I have a basic question: If you buy your Mavic new, but not from a licensed dealer, can you still buy Refresh from DJI? And if so, are you then covered the same as if you did buy your Mavic from a licensed dealer?

Thanks

With DJI Care I believe you are as long as the drone has not already been registered/flown. You only get 48hrs after connecting it to the app in which you are eligible to purchase DJI Care. However the normal warranty may be a different matter but saying that I do not believe I have ever seen anyone being asked for proof of purchase.

Reactions: Xanth
Ok, I only have one thought with the Asurion policy, just being objective...

They try to fix it?!? = This will immediately invalidate your DJI warranty as they are not an Authorized Service Center. After a crash with a smashed gimbal, it is one thing replacing this part (not that they will be able to get hold of parts anyway as DJI will not allow it) but crashes can cause other non visible damage to the boards etc. DJI would have proper diagnostic tools to check for this. Saying this, as DJI are not going to be selling spares for the Mavic then I cannot see how Asurion could attempt to repair it anyway so that only leaves the question as to how good they will actually be in paying out $1k especially once several claims go in.... Would be very cautious with the small print.

I had a bad experience with Asurion and the Samsung Note 7 after the phone [emoji336] was recalled they refused to refund my policy , had to go to BBB to get it settled

Reactions: lifeismusic
Great point @chippie I'm actually not 100% that you can get the Asurion if the drone wasn't purchased through Amazon anyway. And you're probably not wrong about the DJI proprietary parts.

I'll probably just go with DJI in the end ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ at least they'll have everything they need to fix it, should it come to that [emoji55]

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21