DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thoughts on the new firmware .600

I did the .600 update and fly with iPad Air2, but haven't flown yet. I think I'll stay in the hanger until test pilots figure this problem out.

Your problem is different from mine... Mine records video cache, just that the second one owards is un-playable in any player, not even on computers..

I think I will downgrade to .550 and test... My Mavic works fine in .550 so I think thats a good place to try

Just had a thought. Is your device plugged into the bottom USB port of the controller? Mine is. Seeing as how another user in this thread reported their iPhone is working normally and would I assume be plugged into the side of the controller I wondered if the bottom USB port may have been disabled in the latest update. A bit out there but worth mentioning.

EDIT Just remembered you are getting video but sound problems so as you said different to me but maybe applicable to someone else

Last edited:
I did the .600 update and fly with iPad Air2, but haven't flown yet. I think I'll stay in the hanger until test pilots figure this problem out.

Have you tried doing a static record of video and sound on your Air2? I'd be curious how it goes. You don't have to fly.

Just had a thought. Is your device plugged into the bottom USB port of the controller? Mine is. Seeing as how another user in this thread reported their iPhone is working normally and would I assume be plugged into the side of the controller I wondered if the bottom USB port may have been disabled in the latest update. A bit out there but worth mentioning.

EDIT Just remembered you are getting video but sound problems so as you said different to me but maybe applicable to someone else

Yea, using the bottom one as the usb port is inverted on my phone.. And DJI charges USD 15 in shipping charges if I just buy the USD 9 inverted cable.. >,..,>

Yea, using the bottom one as the usb port is inverted on my phone.. And DJI charges USD 15 in shipping charges if I just buy the USD 9 inverted cable.. >,..,>

Thanks for that. I know our probs are different but tomorrow I'll try a static test and plug my iPad into the side controller port and at least rule that possibility out.

This is with the ios system:
I updated to both .600 firmware and the 4.0.7 GO4 app. I flew 2 flights for a total of 28,486ft (5.4 miles). I had issues that I felt were related to the app. The install and setup for both went flawlessly. I checked IMU sensors and the numbers were extremely good. One of the 2 compass numbers were a little high so I calibrated based on the manuals method. I calibrated the Remote Controller Sticks and Thumb Wheel. I went through and entered all setting over again after the updates. Prior to launching I selected the record video option which apparently stopped almost instantly. I noticed it had stopped just past the flights halfway turn around point. I startegetd record again and this time it was ok. Then 2-3 minutes after the 2nd start up, I began experiencing trouble with over exposure. I had a minute left in the flight so I tried chasing the issue be adjusting the shutter speed to reach the end of the flight. And the final thing was, when landing the aircraft stopped around 6ft from the ground and displayed a option to disable the remaining part. After selecting cancel, it stayed at that position and would not land by using the down stick. I eventually found that if I raised the aircraft up slightly, it would then proceed downward and land manually.

Update:
I plan to read flight event and error log using @BudWalker DatCon tool. Hopefully something will show up in the mentioned logs.
I also experienced additional issue from what I already post above. I'm pretty sure it is either app or a lightening cable issue. I wanted roll back the app from GO4 4.0.7 to 4.0.6 but not able to. So my only option was to rollback the firmware. I loaded the .550 version but have not tested yet other then adjusting app settings.
Btw, the flight in question started out good. But the longer I flew, which was over 19 minutes, it got worse. The dominant thing was becoming blurry, and the exposure would change some. The microSD card video was flawless.

Update2:
Viewing the Event Log didn't show anything pointing directly at the app itself.
But, I'm happy to say I was finally able to test the .600 to .550 rollback, it was a complete success! The app performance and video resolution was flawless on a short 10,000ft out away from home point. At that distance it still maintained full reception, but it was best I end the test flight as a thunder storm was closing in and I knew I would have to fight a lot of headwind which I didn't want to do that far from HP. Bottom line for me, rolling back to firmware .550 resolved the issue I had been experiencing.

Well, I downgraded to .550... But my DJI Go 4 app I am stuck with 4.0.6 since I stupidly didn't backup my 4.0.5 before updating..

Next time I'll know what to do, eh?

And here is the Video of the sudden camera jump..

After watching the Video, I went and inspect my front two props where I mentioned i found some powdery white stuff was on it?
Well, I noticed some tiny nicks and scrapes on the edges of those powdery substance. So I've come to the conclusion that a bird attack my Mavic, knocked the camera out of line and damage my props some..

Wonderful.. Now I have to content with attacking birds...

To add to video issues, my videos recorded to my phone are really choppy with the .600 update and latest android app. They were buttery smooth before. Video on the SD card is fine. Not a huge deal, but pretty annoying.

Reactions: Cerberus
To add to video issues, my videos recorded to my phone are really choppy with the .600 update and latest android app. They were buttery smooth before. Video on the SD card is fine. Not a huge deal, but pretty annoying.

Yea, I noted this too... but I figured the "un-playable" issue hold precedence over this so I didn't bother mentioning at all

Well, I downgraded to .550... But my DJI Go 4 app I am stuck with 4.0.6 since I stupidly didn't backup my 4.0.5 before updating..

Next time I'll know what to do, eh?

And here is the Video of the sudden camera jump..

After watching the Video, I went and inspect my front two props where I mentioned i found some powdery white stuff was on it?
Well, I noticed some tiny nicks and scrapes on the edges of those powdery substance. So I've come to the conclusion that a bird attack my Mavic, knocked the camera out of line and damage my props some..

Wonderful.. Now I have to content with attacking birds...

!00% all bird right there bro! I changed the speed settings and it's no doubt a bird. I couldn't find a frame that shows a leg or talon, but yeah it was a bird.

Thanks mrmavic for your help cheers
I just did a flight record on the table top and it worked OK on mine.
I'm using an iPhone 6+ / .600 FW / Go4 v4.0.7
I would have tried it outside in actual flight, but it's been windy and raining here. I would think if the Video Cache was not working it wouldn't have worked in stationary mode either.

I just did a flight record on the table top and it worked OK on mine.
I'm using an iPhone 6+ / .600 FW / Go4 v4.0.7
I would have tried it outside in actual flight, but it's been windy and raining here. I would think if the Video Cache was not working it wouldn't have worked in stationary mode either.

Ok, I really really really hate to burst your bubble here but..

Yesterday evening I tried on my table top too.. Took to vids with sound record on.. each vid like maybe a few seconds only.. and they both work..

its when you bring it out to fly and record where you will have "fun"... well , at least I did.. sigh

!00% all bird right there bro! I changed the speed settings and it's no doubt a bird. I couldn't find a frame that shows a leg or talon, but yeah it was a bird.

Darn it... I am very worried of my bird downed by a bird now.. Is there any way to keep the darn birds away from my BIRD?

Do you think if I gotten those bright Orange skins for my Mavic it will deter them?

Pretty dark colored wings, maybe a crow or a dove .... Frames from 13 Seconds

Screen Shot 2017-04-15 at 7.57.01 AM.png Screen Shot 2017-04-15 at 7.57.26 AM.png

Darn it... I am very worried of my bird downed by a bird now.. Is there any way to keep the darn birds away from my BIRD?

Do you think if I gotten those bright Orange skins for my Mavic it will deter them?

I have around 30-40 of those birds in a 200ft radius from my house. Around 12 of them live in a neighbors barn. So far I have not experienced an attack, but I think that is due to not flying at low altitudes. I generally ascend to 200ft or more when flying away from HP (home point).

I can tell you straight off what it is... Its a darn sparrow..

I saw a couple of them circling over head when I was landing my Mavic..
sigh..

someone please tell me there is a way to deter bird attacks.. T,..,T

Back to the subject on the app, for a second. o you still need a copy of GO4 app 4.0.5 andoid?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whathesaid