DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thoughts on the new firmware .600

Ok, I really really really hate to burst your bubble here but..

Yesterday evening I tried on my table top too.. Took to vids with sound record on.. each vid like maybe a few seconds only.. and they both work..

its when you bring it out to fly and record where you will have "fun"... well , at least I did.. sigh
No bubbles bursted here. LOL I was just stating a fact that I couldn't fly outside and tested in the hangar and it worked there. I hope it clears up today so I can test outside. I'll report my findings after that.

Ok, downgraded to .550.. flew it at late morning with the bright sun out, cook myself alive for around ten minutes testing this..

I turned off my VPS, flew around 70 m high, came back, no birds following my Mavic back .. So its because of the high height and the VPS off that birds didn't bother,
or the birds are smarter than me in not flying in such a HOT weather..

And to my cache vids.... Again its an off and on thing... App at 4.0.6 but my RC and AC at .550

First vid fine, second vid goner, third vid fine.. It's one of those random things I suppose then..
Didn't try recording with sound record off because I am half baked already so will see later whether I will try recording without sound and see whether the cache vids are fine or not..

Yes, it worked fine.

Thanks for your test. That's got me well and truly confused then. I am sure my firmware upgrade was fine and I have tried video cache on two different iPads to rule them out so I will re-flash my quad firmware and see what that does.

Sure have a lot of IOS users and not enough android users to help me verify my issues.. haha

Sure have a lot of IOS users and not enough android users to help me verify my issues.. haha
heh heh I was thinking the opposite. I have a feeling even though the symptoms are slightly different they all have the same source if we can nail it down. I tried connecting my iPad to the side port on the controller and had no success so that rules out my theory that it was bottom port related.

heh heh I was thinking the opposite. I have a feeling even though the symptoms are slightly different they all have the same source if we can nail it down. I tried connecting my iPad to the side port on the controller and had no success so that rules out my theory that it was bottom port related.

Well, RC signal wise, I have a feeling its the .600 firmware causing the issue.. of course I'm still having a beating in my head thinking over my close call I mention in this thread so I'm not sure when I will have my confidence back to try and head back out 1km away with.550.

to the messed up cache vids, I can safely say its the 4.0.6 app.. I am fairly certain its the app issue causing this..but of course, I have yet to est recording without sound so hopefully it won't mess the cache vids ..

I'll let you guys know later in this thread when I have the time to test

Well, RC signal wise, I have a feeling its the .600 firmware causing the issue.. of course I'm still having a beating in my head thinking over my close call I mention in this thread so I'm not sure when I will have my confidence back to try and head back out 1km away with.550.

to the messed up cache vids, I can safely say its the 4.0.6 app.. I am fairly certain its the app issue causing this..but of course, I have yet to est recording without sound so hopefully it won't mess the cache vids ..

I'll let you guys know later in this thread when I have the time to test

So strange that a few IOS users are reporting no problems. I will drop back to an earlier IOS app and see if that 'fixes' it.

So this is my first incident after about 20 flights with my Mavic Pro. I upgraded to the latest firmware and DJI GO 4 App. Then I went to launch the drone at the beach to capture some sunset scenes. Everything connected and looked good to go. I launched the drone and then immediately it lost all connection with my control pad and started drifting slightly , and then it seemed to be trying to land but couldnt find a place it liked so it kept drifting into a bush. I was hitting full throttle down and the propellers kept going and going in the brush. Kinda like a lawn mower. Total flight time about 1 minute. I think my props are toast and I'm a little worried the motors may have sustained some damage with trying to chop through the plants and grass. I had to reach into the bush carefully with th emotors runnign because they would not stop and press the power button on the battery to get it to stop.

I would def say stay away from this newest upgrade. Its a piece of crap if you are running an Android phone.

Here's my details.

Samsung s7 with Nougat
DJI GO 4 v4.0.6 (250-GP phone)
running firmware 01.03.0600

Should I send this to DJI now to check the motors? Should I get them to send me a new set of props?

Kinda pissed offf and surprised because up until now it has worked flawlessly.
I saw on the DJI site that the Samsung S7 is no longer a supported device. I have one too, but have been using a iPad Mini 4 lately so I haven't used it since the updates.

I saw on the DJI site that the Samsung S7 is no longer a supported device. I have one too, but have been using a iPad Mini 4 lately so I haven't used it since the updates.

I personally don't give a hoot about what they say is supported..

my current new phone I am using isn't in the list.. and it works fine.. until this 4.0.6 and .600 update thing, that is.. haha

I personally don't give a hoot about what they say is supported..

my current new phone I am using isn't in the list.. and it works fine.. until this 4.0.6 and .600 update thing, that is.. haha
I personally don't give a hoot about what you give a hoot about. Just relaying some info that the poster didn't seem to have.

Yea, bad day. Sorry.

We all had our bad days, my friend.. So I hope things will work out for you today..

And please don't be offended with my "give a hoot" comment.. Its my way of talking, not necessarily being sarcastic or disrespectful to you..
but if you were offended by it, I'm sorry..

I have not done any long range flying with my set-up yet since loading the .600 It's supposed to be nice and sunny tomorrow. Maybe In can get it out to try actual flying instead of living g room trial.

I have not done any long range flying with my set-up yet since loading the .600 It's supposed to be nice and sunny tomorrow. Maybe In can get it out to try actual flying instead of living g room trial.

Test is test, but always fly safe my friend.. if you notice anything weird, don't take the risk..

And to my own test.. with .550, I can say my Mavic flies more stably, And signal doesn't seem to have anything funny going on.. so I think I will stick with this one till that release something newer than .600.

As to the cache video, I tried without sound record on 4.0.6, took a total of like 12 vids and only one is unplayable.. so I Think
I can safely say this is an App issue, not the firmware.. I stand corrected if anyone else can find out another reason for this ...

Oops.. sorry, my bad.. I made a mistake..

I re-check my video cache again today for those that I made without sound recording on..

made total of 10 vids and all ten works.. conclusion, its the sound recording thats screwing things up.
nuff said...

;p

Reactions: mamayda
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sedmonds