DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thoughts on the new firmware .600

Oops.. sorry, my bad.. I made a mistake..

I re-check my video cache again today for those that I made without sound recording on..

made total of 10 vids and all ten works.. conclusion, its the sound recording thats screwing things up.
nuff said...

;p
Thanks for the update, I will test mine shortly.

Reactions: Cerberus
Oops.. sorry, my bad.. I made a mistake..

I re-check my video cache again today for those that I made without sound recording on..

made total of 10 vids and all ten works.. conclusion, its the sound recording thats screwing things up.
nuff said...

;p
Exaclty that is what saw the first flight I did with my S7 edge, .600 firmware and Go4 4.06. I totally put it down to the newly added Android feature of phone audio being appended to video cache. Disabled it as I have no use for it any how. Have not re-flown to test but was pretty sure that would fix it - as you have confirmed. So thanx for that..

Glad to be the guinea pig for you guys..

now I'm having horizon tilt issues with my gimbal after that bird hit my Mavic..
I'm actively hating those feathery creatures now.. lol

Test is test, but always fly safe my friend.. if you notice anything weird, don't take the risk..

And to my own test.. with .550, I can say my Mavic flies more stably, And signal doesn't seem to have anything funny going on.. so I think I will stick with this one till that release something newer than .600.

As to the cache video, I tried without sound record on 4.0.6, took a total of like 12 vids and only one is unplayable.. so I Think
I can safely say this is an App issue, not the firmware.. I stand corrected if anyone else can find out another reason for this ...
Yep, for sure. I was also curious about the disconnect problem at longer distance, but the more I think about it, the less I want to try it. I'm seriously thinking about going back to the .550 FW till we figure this out.

Yep, for sure. I was also curious about the disconnect problem at longer distance, but the more I think about it, the less I want to try it. I'm seriously thinking about going back to the .550 FW till we figure this out.

.400 is better so you can keep landing control. .500 and .550 aborting landing with up stick does not work.

.400 is better so you can keep landing control. .500 and .550 aborting landing with up stick does not work.

I normally hand catch my Mavic so forced landing is not an issue for me and I don't normally fly over large bodies of water either.

so I'll stick to .550 since on that firmware I have no complaints whatsoever with it..

I realize it takes some time to get a solid verdict, but a review of the last few pages of comments appear to be more negative, than positive. Accurate statement?

I went to 6, but have not flown it yet. If I want to go back to .55, can this be easily done within the App?

I realize it takes some time to get a solid verdict, but a review of the last few pages of comments appear to be more negative, than positive. Accurate statement?

I went to 6, but have not flown it yet. If I want to go back to .55, can this be easily done within the App?

I;ve read around that you can downgrade with the app...But I'm not particular sure how to go about it through the app though..
Maybe some of the cool guys here can provide more insight to using the app to downgrade,

I did it using DJI go assistant on the PC and it works fine..

Might be accurate in the sense that one is more likely to come on here and highlight negative issues that positive ones.

I just read through the 6 pages of this thread and a few others and I am not seeing any major problems to preclude me from using .600.

I am on Android Go4.06. Had the stuttery FPV video feed, with device Audio capture enabled. Don't have any need for Audio, so I disabled it. The NFZ Limit issue went away as soon as I did a decent length flight - so that is no longer an issue either. Don't have any gimbal tilt issues.

Get to play with Fixed wing mode which is a bit of fun and the Autoland x Landing Protection logic has been fixed.
So why not stay with .600 and the newest Go.

Reactions: LongRifle
Might be accurate in the sense that one is more likely to come on here and highlight negative issues that positive ones.

I just read through the 6 pages of this thread and a few others and I am not seeing any major problems to preclude me from using .600.

I am on Android Go4.06. Had the stuttery FPV video feed, with device Audio capture enabled. Don't have any need for Audio, so I disabled it. The NFZ Limit issue went away as soon as I did a decent length flight - so that is no longer an issue either. Don't have any gimbal tilt issues.

Get to play with Fixed wing mode which is a bit of fun and the Autoland x Landing Protection logic has been fixed.
So why not stay with .600 and the newest Go.

You don't by any chance tend to fly your drone more than 1 km away from you, do you?

Fair enough, I see you point.
Maybe the distance thing with your video was also related to interleaving the 'new to android' audio feature. I dont want it, wont use it and have disabled it. So I should not be effected. My phone has a proper screen recorder should I need to do that.

The video cache issues is the least of my worries in .600..

;p

I honesty dont have this issue on my any of my IOS devices but can I ask, have you tried a hard reboot which will force the iPad memory defrag yet?

Hold down both Home button and Power off button simultaneously and keep holding them down, wait for screen to go all black then keep waiting and a white Apple logo will appear, continue till the apple disappears.

Now let go of both buttons. Now switch iPad back on using the power on button, it will take much longer than normal while it totally reorganises it's memory but totally worth the wait.

Now try recording video and see if it works now.

I honesty dont have this issue on my any of my IOS devices but can I ask, have you tried a hard reboot which will force the iPad memory defrag yet?

Hold down both Home button and Power off button simultaneously and keep holding them down, wait for screen to go all black then keep waiting and a white Apple logo will appear, continue till the apple disappears.

Now let go of both buttons. Now switch iPad back on using the power on button, it will take much longer than normal while it totally reorganises it's memory but totally worth the wait.

Now try recording video and see if it works now.

This would be good try for iOS users... which I am not... LOL

But thanks for the tip on iOS though. :)

The video cache issues is the least of my worries in .600..

;p
The Audio capture might be the cause of your other issues though. So what actually is your worry, losing signal?
In your original post you seem to be interacting exclusively with Go and make no mention of what the RC screen was telling you during this period.

The Audio capture might be the cause of your other issues though. So what actually is your worry, losing signal?
In your original post you seem to be interacting exclusively with Go and make no mention of what the RC screen was telling you during this period.

Read again... it's a total signal lost, both Radio and Video...

Read again... it's a total signal lost, both Radio and Video...
YES. And the cause of your signal loss may have been related to the change in how the new app is dealing with the mobile device audio. A significant change in this update that is seemingly effecting android video stream. Try the same flight again with Audio capture off. So long as our RTH is set properly you are pretty safe.
If the RC was actually saying "Signal Loss" your mavic would have been on its way home in 3 second without asking you. So as someone else mentioned it seems more a like video telemetry loss.
Also unclear when you say everything went black - So you mean you were looking at a blank black screen on your android device and the RC screen was also blank black. That strikes me as fairly unlikely unless they both power cycled at the same time.

YES. And the cause of your signal loss may have been related to the change in how the new app is dealing with the mobile device audio. A significant change in this update that is seemingly effecting android video stream. Try the same flight again with Audio capture off. So long as our RTH is set properly you are pretty safe.
If the RC was actually saying "Signal Loss" your mavic would have been on its way home in 3 second without asking you. So as someone else mentioned it seems more a like video telemetry loss.
Also unclear when you say everything went black - So you mean you were looking at a blank black screen on your android device and the RC screen was also blank black. That strikes me as fairly unlikely unless they both power cycled at the same time.

Audio recording is all done in your phone.. so I don't think it should in anyway affect your radio and video signal.

and to the total signal lost, The RC did not go blank.. but it did show the signal bars for both radio and video as none..

and all the relevant information on the RC (like RPM, height, distance speed) all become dashes, dashes as in "---"

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JuiceThe6One