DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thoughts on the new firmware .600

I don't think it would effect the video signal per se. But the app has to append the audio as it recorded and combine it with the video stream that you are seeing on you android device. Something in this process is currently less than optimal and causing the video feed to be poor quality or non existent at times. Turn the audio feature off and it should not happen.
In your case you also seemingly had a telemetry loss with all dashes but no Signal Loss message on RC.
Should be able to test mine out to 3 or 4 km in the next few days to confirm it works for me with audio recording off.

Reactions: Spanishcop
Yea, I see a lot of Pilots saying .400 is the greatest.. hehe..

.550 works wonderfully for me so I'll stick there. ;p

I put .400 version in case dji disable possibility downgrade at this firmware. I'm able to upgrade at 500/550 in the future or 600 if repaired of the disaster.;)
In my country (Italy) with .400 firmware I obtained a range over 5 km in rural place, but with some inhabited location, without loss of signal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cerberus
I put .400 version in case dji disable possibility downgrade at this firmware. I'm able to upgrade at .500/550 in the future or 600 if repaired of the disaster.;)

Alright Dude, as long as it fits your cup of tea, :)

I'll wait for a newer FW than .600... thank you.. haha

Got no issues with the firmware. Yesterday flown 2, 8km flights with no video issues nor remote disconnection. I noticed that the drone even flies a bit faster

I am on Android OS - solidly updating as they come out but have had major issues with disconnections in both 500 / 550 updates. When 600 came out I was hoping it would improve but NOT! So I bit the bullet & downgraded to 400 - it is soooooo much better for me - absolutely NO disconnects & believe it or not I still have AFC (not that I use it ) AND have sound in locally cached vids that I didn't have before downgrading to 400.......what's up with that?
Oh yes & I also had problems with the gimbal when I switched it over ( in flight ) to Portrait mode - I could never get it to go back into landscape mode again........400 takes care of that problem too!!!
I had read that DJI only facilitated going back one step in downgrading but I used' DJI Assist' & did both the Mavic & controller without problems straight back to my beloved (and safe) 400.
Gonna stick with .400 until I see GLOWINGLY positive reviews from whatever update comes out next!
Will be testing everything all over again this week to make sure I'm good to go with no disconnects or video transmission problems at long distance etc.
Oh yeah guys if you do decide to downgrade - remember to check & reset ALL your settings again.
Cheers - safe flying!

Reactions: Bintryin
Got no issues with the firmware. Yesterday flown 2, 8km flights with no video issues nor remote disconnection. I noticed that the drone even flies a bit faster

Seems like a hit and miss... some ppl have it great, some not so great..
I'm happy you are one of the great ones.. hehe

Reactions: stratos
I am on Android OS - solidly updating as they come out but have had major issues with disconnections in both 500 / 550 updates. When 600 came out I was hoping it would improve but NOT! So I bit the bullet & downgraded to 400 - it is soooooo much better for me - absolutely NO disconnects & believe it or not I still have AFC (not that I use it ) AND have sound in locally cached vids that I didn't have before downgrading to 400.......what's up with that?
Oh yes & I also had problems with the gimbal when I switched it over ( in flight ) to Portrait mode - I could never get it to go back into landscape mode again........400 takes care of that problem too!!!
I had read that DJI only facilitated going back one step in downgrading but I used' DJI Assist' & did both the Mavic & controller without problems straight back to my beloved (and safe) 400.
Gonna stick with .400 until I see GLOWINGLY positive reviews from whatever update comes out next!
Will be testing everything all over again this week to make sure I'm good to go with no disconnects or video transmission problems at long distance etc.
Oh yeah guys if you do decide to downgrade - remember to check & reset ALL your settings again.
Cheers - safe flying!

hmm... some weird going on here, but I'm no expert, I'll leave you alone to enjoy your .400...
Fly Safe, dude..

I've just gone back to 550 from 600.My app has stayed as 4.0.7.
Is this ok to use?

Sounds like you are on iOS...

well, for me, I went back to .550 but app at 4.0.6..

Nothing seems wrong at the moment...

Yeah I'm on iOS....just deleted my 4.0.7 app and redownloaded it but not sure if I can fly safe with this app on .550

I've just gone back to 550 from 600.My app has stayed as 4.0.7.
Is this ok to use?

Ya shouldnt be an issue.

If you guys are having issues with the .600 just try to reflash it. But use your computer to do it with the DJI assistant

Ya shouldnt be an issue.

If you guys are having issues with the .600 just try to reflash it. But use your computer to do it with the DJI assistant

Cheers strato,
Wanting to go fly but bit worried about using this app.
Hope it will be ok.....

I didn't use assistant 2,I used the app.Long press on the three lines and it gives you the option to downgrade to .550 or .400

Cheers strato,
Wanting to go fly but bit worried about using this app.
Hope it will be ok.....

I don't think you will have much trouble with the app.. unless it crashes but even so , the connection between your AC and RC shouldn't be affected..

Its the possible problem of FW not working right and screwing the connection between AC and RC that worries me more..

Maybe if you are really worried, try flying it within LOS for a couple of times until you feel confident your mavic is flying as it should...
then let er rip... :)

Well just had a quick flight and all was good.... .550 firmware...Flew like a dream..

Just did a few flights with an S7, .600 and 4.0.6 and turned the audio recording off and my cache videos are good again. No flight issues other than one app glitch when I got a Google hangout notification so I will let that slide.

Reactions: Logger
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phoenix_00002