DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thoughts on the new firmware .600

On .600, and audio enabled, my video cached from yesterday plays normally. On iPhone7.

Reactions: Cerberus
Wouldn't it be great if DJI for once would release an update that actually works? 2 updates in as many weeks and still problems.

Well, I still can't say my video cache and total signal loss problem is DJI related..

Could be the impartial update that happen to my RC doing the issue.. At least thats what I hope is the case..
Its rainy today so I can't test now.. hopefully near evening it'll clear enough for me to test again

So this is my first incident after about 20 flights with my Mavic Pro. I upgraded to the latest firmware and DJI GO 4 App. Then I went to launch the drone at the beach to capture some sunset scenes. Everything connected and looked good to go. I launched the drone and then immediately it lost all connection with my control pad and started drifting slightly , and then it seemed to be trying to land but couldnt find a place it liked so it kept drifting into a bush. I was hitting full throttle down and the propellers kept going and going in the brush. Kinda like a lawn mower. Total flight time about 1 minute. I think my props are toast and I'm a little worried the motors may have sustained some damage with trying to chop through the plants and grass. I had to reach into the bush carefully with th emotors runnign because they would not stop and press the power button on the battery to get it to stop.

I would def say stay away from this newest upgrade. Its a piece of crap if you are running an Android phone.

Here's my details.

Samsung s7 with Nougat
DJI GO 4 v4.0.6 (250-GP phone)
running firmware 01.03.0600

Should I send this to DJI now to check the motors? Should I get them to send me a new set of props?

Kinda pissed offf and surprised because up until now it has worked flawlessly.

So this is my first incident after about 20 flights with my Mavic Pro. I upgraded to the latest firmware and DJI GO 4 App. Then I went to launch the drone at the beach to capture some sunset scenes. Everything connected and looked good to go. I launched the drone and then immediately it lost all connection with my control pad and started drifting slightly , and then it seemed to be trying to land but couldnt find a place it liked so it kept drifting into a bush. I was hitting full throttle down and the propellers kept going and going in the brush. Kinda like a lawn mower. Total flight time about 1 minute. I think my props are toast and I'm a little worried the motors may have sustained some damage with trying to chop through the plants and grass. I had to reach into the bush carefully with th emotors runnign because they would not stop and press the power button on the battery to get it to stop.

I would def say stay away from this newest upgrade. Its a piece of crap if you are running an Android phone.

Here's my details.

Samsung s7 with Nougat
DJI GO 4 v4.0.6 (250-GP phone)
running firmware 01.03.0600

Should I send this to DJI now to check the motors? Should I get them to send me a new set of props?

Kinda pissed offf and surprised because up until now it has worked flawlessly.

****, sorry to hear that.... But your issue seems like a lot worse than what I experienced..
I wouldn't say the motors are toast from this, so if it was me, I'll get the props first and test flight it first before making the big decision..

ok. made a short test flight..

Record 4 video (with sound recording turn on) and the issue is definitely there..

First video appears to record fine, sound is there, But it lags extremely bad (the video).

second to fourth video, unplayable..

And I got another 2 bad things to comment on this new firmware..

There was a slight wind today and on hover, I can see my Mavic wobble and drift ever so slightly..in random directions..This is not looking good..

Second thing, which I can say if firmware or... a bird/bug attack..

Somewhere along my fourth video, my camera suddenly jerks and points slightly down and tilted at an angle. after4 I flicked it to point down and then back up, it looks normal again.. Going to grab that video from my mavic and post up here for review. Now to this, I'm not sure is a firmware issue but I did noted lots of sparrows darting at my bird and I even spotted 1 or 2 bugs hovering around. My Mavic's rear got some bug parts on it and the front left side looks like holes made from bird claws... the top of my mavic have this filmy powder like stuff on it and so does on my front two props..

I'm not very sure the camera got knocked out of angle by a bird in this case and I'm suspecting a bird smack into my mavic from the front..

Cant say much now till I grab that video...

By the way, is there any way to get Go 4 app version 4.0.5? I suspect this 4.0.6 is not really good either..

Should have backup up the previous one to my phone before updating... sigh

By the way, is there any way to get Go 4 app version 4.0.5? I suspect this 4.0.6 is not really good either..

Should have backup up the previous one to my phone before updating... sigh

Put me down for another user with no videos being cached. (iPad mini 4). All fine on SD card in quad. I am going to try deleting the latest IOS Go4 app (4.07) and then reinstalling it and if that doesn't work I will try downgrading to previous IOS Go4 4.06 from a backup. Trouble is that will be more for interest and troubleshooting as I would not fly with that software/firmware mismatch.

Last edited:
Put me down for another user with no videos being cached. (iPad mini 4). All fine on SD card in quad. I am going to try deleting the latest IOS Go4 app (4.06) and then reinstalling it and if that doesn't work I will try downgrading to previous IOS Go4 4.05 from a backup. Trouble is that will be more for interest and troubleshooting as I would not fly with that software/firmware mismatch.

No videos been cache? As in totally nothing is recorded on your phone at all, no video file, no nothing?

No videos been cache? As in totally nothing is recorded on your phone at all, no video file, no nothing?

No nothing on iPad. Just syncing all my records onto another ipad and see if anything pops up there. Both devices running same version of IOS and DJO Go4 4.07. If the 2nd ipad shows the missing videos then I will delete my app from my (flying) ipad and re-install. If that doesn't work I'll drop one of them back to an earlier app version 4.06 and try again.

Last edited:

2nd ipad hasn't got the video either. Even though I was missing video earlier I synced online in the hope that the files while not visible to me might be there and would upload.

No nothing on iPad. Just syncing all my records onto another ipad and see if anything pops up there. Both devices running same version of IOS and DJO Go4 4.06. If the 2nd ipad shows the missing videos then I will delete my app from my (flying) ipad and re-install. If that doesn't work I'll drop one of them back to an earlier app version 4.05 and try again.

Your problem is different from mine... Mine records video cache, just that the second one owards is un-playable in any player, not even on computers..

I think I will downgrade to .550 and test... My Mavic works fine in .550 so I think thats a good place to try

On .600, and audio enabled, my video cached from yesterday plays normally. On iPhone7.
Is that also using DJI Go4 (4.07)? I am on ipad mini 4 and not getting videos cached at all. I have vision on screen but nothing is cached to the ipad. Video is recorded normally to SD card on quad running .600.

Last edited:
Your problem is different from mine... Mine records video cache, just that the second one owards is un-playable in any player, not even on computers..

I think I will downgrade to .550 and test... My Mavic works fine in .550 so I think thats a good place to try

Oh - OK. And you are on Android?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjd54