DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Touching the clouds!!

ceirsik

Reactions
How many of you have seen a low lying cloud and wanted to send the mavic up to touch it? Or have done it? I'm in kansas and we have good cloudy days. Today was one... very little wind and the clouds were just slowly going by. I thought about heading out to the country over a wheat field and put the mavic up and just hang out with one. I didn't due to the fact... I'm scared! There I said it. LOL. That's a long drop if something happened... They were probably about 500-600ft up. Just thought it would be cool to do some day.

Reactions: charliesRig
How many of you have seen a low lying cloud and wanted to send the mavic up to touch it? Or have done it? I'm in kansas and we have good cloudy days. Today was one... very little wind and the clouds were just slowly going by. I thought about heading out to the country over a wheat field and put the mavic up and just hang out with one. I didn't due to the fact... I'm scared! There I said it. LOL. That's a long drop if something happened... They were probably about 500-600ft up. Just thought it would be cool to do some day.
Just do it! (As long as it's safe.) I hadn't gone past 400ft and then a few days ago I decided to go for it. I was in a safe place with limited chance of aircraft interference and went to 1607ft. It was amazing! I'd love to be able to do it in the clouds. Saw the Goodyear Blimp at probably 1200ft and so wanted to get a shot of it but no chance I'm doing something that stupid. Would have been one heck of a shot though! lol

Reactions: ceirsik
just started flying above 400....go for it the view above 400 is absolute the best I went to 800 people look like ants
KIDDING.... I have to get above 400 because i live in a ditch now i can go farther with ease

Reactions: ceirsik
Did it once in January; probably would never try it again (at landing, found the Mavic blades totally iced)

Attachments

• Panorama.jpg
    7.3 MB · Views: 56
Reactions: JoostGT3
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member