DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Trackers - Beware!

I have been doing some reading on this and my current thinking is that the Marco Polo system is the best way to go.

I don't trust any of the GPS systems like Trackimo. Service seems to be sporadic and accuracy is dubious. Also the drone can end up covering the GPS module or the drone can fall in a crevice etc. Any of these situations might mean no GPS signal and even more likely no cell service.

The Loc8tor is nice and small but the 100-400ft range is not very appealing. Also the battery falling out issue is a big problem. Overall IMHO it's certainly better than having nothing at all and luckily it does not depend on the GPS or GSM backbone to work, but the range is the deal breaker for me.

The Marco Polo at 2 mile range even if I cut that down to 1 mile that's enough range to track a drone even if someone has taken it up and is walking away with it. Also if it's lost in any kind of hole or flipped in a weird orientation I will still be able to pick it up, just with less range.

Reactions: Mr.H
I wonder if the little tracker I got would work. Yepson Made in Finland and works pretty well. Haven't got my MP yet to see it would work.
It comes with a neoprene pouch or lanyard. Cost to run is pretty reasonable. Sadly got it for my SO who has Alzheimer's.

Yepzon Locator | Buy GPS Tracking Device Online

Wow! This looks exactly like what Ping GPS is trying to be. Does it work well? Then I wouldn't need to wait for ping

I haven't gotten it fitted to the MP yet - probably because not flying too far away yet!! But it has a good balance of general location, and more exact when needed. Also has Bluetooth tracking if indoors (not so useful for the Mavic!)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whathesaid