DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unable to upgrade - thermal shutdown?

NCC1701

Reactions
Hi All
never had any problems with my Mavic or in doing updates but today I have a weird one.
As it was downloading the update I noticed the Mavic had turned off, so I turned it on again and continued. But when doing the upgrade the same happened and I realised the onboard fan wasn't running.
So I let everything cool down and put in a different battery and tried again. This time after a few minutes the fan came on and the update was progressing, but after a while the fan stopped and then the whole thing shut down again with the upgrade at 55%. I figure it is a thermal shutdown because the bottom of the Mavic is *hot*.
Eventually the App realises that the upgrade failed and asks to retry or report.
Currently letting it all cool down and will try again outdoors.
Has anyone else experienced this? Really worried about the thing just turninging off like that especially in flight.

Hi All
never had any problems with my Mavic or in doing updates but today I have a weird one.
As it was downloading the update I noticed the Mavic had turned off, so I turned it on again and continued. But when doing the upgrade the same happened and I realised the onboard fan wasn't running.
So I let everything cool down and put in a different battery and tried again. This time after a few minutes the fan came on and the update was progressing, but after a while the fan stopped and then the whole thing shut down again with the upgrade at 55%. I figure it is a thermal shutdown because the bottom of the Mavic is *hot*.
Eventually the App realises that the upgrade failed and asks to retry or report.
Has anyone else experienced this? Really worried about the thing just turninging off like that especially in flight.
Hmmm... that is a concern, I have not heard of this yet. To get it past the update you could put an ice pack underneath.

I took it out into the garden and got it to complete the update but during that time the fan did not come on. Havent had a chance to fly it yet.....

Hi All
I always use a external fan, as it gets very hot, check my post, on the last sentence.
I`m on my second Mavic and have the same problem

After a few attempts and a fan, I am using my freezer to cool down my Mavic. It's still updating but at 96%, it's the furthest it has been. It still shut down twice in the freezer.

Update: the app says it was successful. Let's hope.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi