DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unscheduled Drone Demo

I used to be a card dealer and I would love when someone was counting cards I would try and talk to them to screw them up... Unless they are throwing money at the dealers.
Wait a minute, you weren't walking an extremely "frendly" dog the other day were you?

Reactions: Vegasdad and WAXMAN
Since I don't fly under part 107, I had a custom safety vest made up by an Amazon seller. So far it has worked for me. The other day a couple that was interested in the drone seemed reluctant to approach and view my Ipad even after I invited them to.

Attachments

• preview2.jpg
    preview2.jpg
    579.4 KB · Views: 58
What is this thread about? - honest question!
About being interrupted while flying by a passerby who doesn’t understand, even after pilot explains, that user doesn’t want to try to converse while focusing on piloting his drone. It has evolved into ways to let a vest or shirt explain it for you.

About being interrupted while flying by a passerby who doesn’t understand, even after pilot explains, that user doesn’t want to try to converse while focusing on piloting his drone. It has evolved into ways to let a vest or shirt explain it for you.
So, basically a rant then. Ok, sorry for interrupting; as you were gentelmen!

Reactions: Former Member
So, basically a rant then. Ok, sorry for interrupting; as you were gentelmen!

Basically. But most of the time a forum rant is better then an in person rant. In a forum people usually just shrug their shoulders and click to the next post. In person you can be at risk of your health.

Last edited:

Or a fence lol

Well, I hope you have at least registered your drone.

Yes I wear a vest, I keep it in my car along with a neon yellow bandana. I have never been annoyed by someone walking up to me to ask questions.
geez DO YOU WEAR ONE? THIS IS WHY I DONT POST ALOT HERE ANYMORE. SOMEONE GETS OFFENDED EVERY TIME. GOOD JOB I.M.O

Reactions: jspil
I'm not known for having patience although when out flying I try hard. However in your case as described I would of gotten somewhat pissed once his dog started humping my leg and the owner didn't stop it immediately. As for the constant questions at some point I probably would have said, "not right now please", in a stern voice.
You tried to be cordial but at some point a different approach is required. I guess in the end if the questions still persist then ignoring him is all that's left.

Several times I have encountered people on the walking path at the local park I practice at (Southwest Miami). When they start to ask questions, I never make eye contact but say , "sorry, but I cannot talk to you now." I repeat this mantra until they go away.

"Today is the first day I've felt well enough to be outside since coming down with a nasty flu. My doc says I'm probably still contagious but I just had to get out and fly my bird!"

;)

Mark

"Today is the first day I've felt well enough to be outside since coming down with a nasty flu. My doc says I'm probably still contagious but I just had to get out and fly my bird!"

;)

Mark
Maybe a suit like the one in post #18 is in order. Just kidding, hope you get to feeling better soon. Flying always puts me in a better mood and mental state.

I wonder if a vest that says “CIA Arial Surveillance Technician“ would keep people away? ?

Maybe a suit like the one in post #18 is in order. Just kidding, hope you get to feeling better soon. Flying always puts me in a better mood and mental state.

Thanks, but I haven't been ill. I put my comment in quotes because that's what I might tell someone that was snooping around asking questions when I was flying my drone. I'd throw in a few coughs in-between sentences.

:)

Mark

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661