DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Using An iPad Mini W/ DJI Mavic?

Wow that is a great feature to lose. I actually just measured my cable and it is 8.5 inch's long. I also had to do the trick to deemed down the area to avoid the sports mode. That is interesting to see that slight change. I would like to see a sticky poll asking how many are affected with this.

Sent from my Pixel XL using MavicPilots mobile app

Wow that is a great feature to lose. I actually just measured my cable and it is 8.5 inch's long. I also had to do the trick to deemed down the area to avoid the sports mode. That is interesting to see that slight change. I would like to see a sticky poll asking how many are affected with this.

Sent from my Pixel XL using MavicPilots mobile app
Wow, now I have to wait until next Saturday to find out. I almost just ordered a Mini 4. Anybody have a way to show the two controllers show we know which one we have?

so does the iPad mini need a cellular connection? Also will a first and second gen iPad mini work?

Wow, now I have to wait until next Saturday to find out. I almost just ordered a Mini 4. Anybody have a way to show the two controllers show we know which one we have?
I think the tweak may be to stop the holding arm hitting the sport mode switch, mine can't hit the switch but it seems some can, wish they'd moved the switch instead!

I think the tweak may be to stop the holding arm hitting the sport mode switch, mine can't hit the switch but it seems some can, wish they'd moved the switch instead!

Betting it's something simple, like a stop of sorts. If so, perhaps it can be modded to open up a bit more.

Betting it's something simple, like a stop of sorts. If so, perhaps it can be modded to open up a bit more.
I figured that too, however appears to be the main casing that is limiting, could cut into it but may look at other options first...

Just to correct this, I have an iPad Mini 4 with a newer controller and it fits in the controller just fine, (my Mavic arrived 12/5/16). Also it does not interfere with the Sport Mode switch at all. I can switch modes back and forth easily with the iPad Mini 4 attached...

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Just to correct this, I have an iPad Mini 4 with a newer controller and it fits in the controller just fine, (my Mavic arrived 12/5/16). Also it does not interfere with the Sport Mode switch at all. I can switch modes back and forth easily with the iPad Mini 4 attached...

Awesome, Thanks

Can someone with a mini 4 verify you can see the screen out side in the sun [emoji295]️?
Thanks...........

Well it definitely isn't the case with mine, will be intrigued to hear if others have the same issue moving forward.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Could you show the issue with yours?

It's as simple as having fully extended both arms the mini 4 won't fit in the gap, it's only a few mm shy but enough that I don't want to push it as I would be concerned it will bend or break something. All the videos seem to show them slotting in with no issue at all so it seems odd and before I'm asked it is 100% a mini 4 I have.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReynolds078