DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Using An iPad Mini W/ DJI Mavic?

So looks like Chris has worked this out... seems on the new controllers the 3.2mm difference in width from a mini 2 vs a mini 4 could be the issue...

Did the recent batch of Mavic Controller change?

Ipad Mini 2
Dimensions: 200 x 134.7 x 7.5 mm

Ipad Mini 4
Dimensions: 203.2 x 134.8 x 6.1 mm

3.2 mm's seems to be a problem with the new controllers
http://mavicpilots.com/index.php?posts/39685/

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: lifeismusic
how can you tell if you have the new controller? Also what about the first gen iPad mini?

I want to know where the change was made, and if I can just use a dremel and get the 3.2mm's back.

23d5b9810800d469842eb84525b71820.jpg

I found a high quality mount for the iPad Mini for the Mavic controller at mavmount.com

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Question about using an iPad mini, I keep finding conflicting info. If you use a cellular mini without service, will the assisted gps pickup the mapping? Or do you need the data connection?

So does your tablet have to be Cellular, eg: with a sim card... or can you use the cheaper Ipad minnie that is wifi only...

Ok, so if you use an Ipad mini wifi only.. how do you still see the map of where you are flying... eg: an open field 10km from everything

If you use a cellular mini without service, will the assisted gps pickup the mapping?
Ok, so if you use an Ipad mini wifi only.. how do you still see the map of where you are flying... eg: an open field 10km from everything

GPS has nothing to do with being able to see the map in DJI GO. In order to see the maps, you'll need to either cache the maps in DJI GO in a location where you have an Internet connection before you head out to fly or setup a hot spot on another device that has an Internet connection and connect to it via Wi-Fi.

Here's the name on Amazon.ca for that right angled cable you were talking about.

MYLB Right Angled Lightning Sync and Charge Cable for Apple iPhone 5, 5c, 5s, 6, 6s, 6 Plus, 6s Plus, iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, 4th Generation and iPad Mini (All Generations) (Black)

I hope this helps you out.

Bud

I think the only attachment (nice but not necessary) would be a right angle lightening to USB short (but not too short) cable.
Not sure where to get one.
Go to 8 minutes in in the following video:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReynolds078