DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Zoom Vertical ascent to 2243 meters

I was petrified thinking that an aircraft on ascent or descent could have sucked that in and possible been in severe distress if not crashed. I'm 2-3 miles from Boston airspace (class B) and aircraft come flying by from all directions and at all altitudes... While it's interesting to see that, it scares the **** out of me that someone would do that on purpose... I'm very glad nothing bad happened
I can’t find any reports on Google of a passenger plain forced to land, much less crash, by hitting or sucking in a drone.

Reactions: New England Droning
Reading most of the comments makes me feel sorry about disturbing mavicpilots users with this illegal content ?
Beautiful video! I think on this site they have to discourage breaking the law and mean no ill will if your flying safe and not endangering anyone. So dont feel its personal

Correction.. original was Popcorn by Hot Butter... sorry couldn't resist I remember playing this when I was a radio D J in the 70s
Ah, yes. I stand corrected.

I don't know what the rules are in the Ukraine, but, as many have commented what a spectacular bit of video footage.

I also wondered about the vehicle on the loop circuit how it stopped at the place it did and stayed there until the drone got to a more sensible height on its return to earth, may a bit of editing went on, who knows, but the fact remains that the footage was great to see.
Thanks for having the balls to do it, mine are too small, as it my little Mini2, also really glad I wasn't fly over the Ukraine that day.
It makes a mockery of the term that is banded about on here (Fly Safe).
With all that is said, thanks for posting it and I hope you do not have any legal repercussions because it is seen by any official or legal bodies.

Mini 2 with only about 6 or 7 hours flying under my belt.
I try to stick to the law, never been 400 feet, my max height is set to 395 feet.
I have my CAA (United Kingdom) Drone operators licence and my CAA Flyers ID plus £12 million public liability Insurance.

Thanks for The Mavic Pilots Site, some great reads, tips and advice.

Tom (Lissforester)

Okay - correcting for the change in video playback rate that I somehow failed to notice earlier - yes it is actually a helicopter at low altitude.
I flew M2P many times over the same neighborhood in Oct, 2019. There was heavy helicopter traffic there.

I suppose that it is actually not legal.
But :)
I visit this place for more then 10 years and have never seen a plane flying right over the location. Looks like air routes are a few miles aside.
And as far as I know there is no law in Ukraine for regulation of quadcopter flights, it is in state of development right now. So only restrictions that apply - are DJI provided general limits, like max altitude 500 meters and NFZ near airports and so on.
A lot of mini-sized helicopters for hire in this area, and the helicopter traffic was quite heavy when I visited in fall 2019. I believe those helicopter pilots are unable to see small drones even if they appear in their near-front views. I agree its unlikely to crash into a jet plane, but it is a real possibility to collide with a small helicopter on the east side of Dnieper river. Nothing to do with high altitude, though. The helicopters were all hugging the tree tops.

That drone could have been the last thing an unsuspecting pilot ever saw. Why show off your stupidity in public?

I joined this forum thinking that I could learn from the experienced, successful operators. I have, but as demonstrated by this video, the lonely attention-seeker seems to dominate the discussion. Depressing, so I will quietly fold my props and leave the group.

Last edited:
I joined this forum thinking that I could learn from the experienced, successful operators. I have, but as demonstrated by this video, the lonely attention-seeker seems to dominate the discussion. Depressing, so I will quietly fold my props and leave the group.

Stick around mate, this sort of thread doesn't happen very often.
The OP has only made 4 posts on this 4 page thread, and none recently, seems everyone's talking to someone that has 'left the building'.

Reactions: MS Coast
I shared this video with community considering it to be an interesting footage, I do not need attention and I do not earn money with YouTube. I post here rarely and don't care for rating or likes or whatever. It's a real surprise for me to see this post took so much attention.
About air quality - it is clouds in the video, not smoke or polluted air.

Actually I have a new footage from my smaller drone, DJI Mini 2, it is vertical ascent to 1500 meters AGL in Carpathian Mountains, are you interested, folks?

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danyjames_