DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Zoom Vertical ascent to 2243 meters

No planes?? Wasn't that an airplane passing under you at 3:47?View attachment 133510
Well spotted! Sure looked like a plane to me. It seems too fast to be a bird and flies in too perfect of a straight line. If you can time it just right, there is a futbol field or something that it flies right over the center of. Pause it right there and you can just make out the silhouette from above (I guess a large screen helps, also).

No planes?? Wasn't that an airplane passing under you at 3:47?View attachment 133510
Oops! I missed your pic. You got a great shot of the silhouette as well. I couldn't tell you had drawn a circle on your pic until I blew it up. It almost looks as though this flight would have even been too high for that particular airplane. It sure looks low.

Oops! I missed your pic. You got a great shot of the silhouette as well. I couldn't tell you had drawn a circle on your pic until I blew it up. It almost looks as though this flight would have even been too high for that particular airplane. It sure looks low.
It's actually a low-flying helicopter.

Really? You don't tire of the endless 'what ifs' and 'do you have 107s' and " faa this and that"? Waking up could be a tragic event. How about just enjoying the video. Who is this 'us" you speak of? If the shoe fits wear it..
The “Us” I speak of, are the people who understand how dangerous drones can be, and fly responsibly…

I can’t find any reports on Google of a passenger plain forced to land, much less crash, by hitting or sucking in a drone.
RPSM, another post here said droneDJ has a report of an airplane hitting a drone and retuned to the airport but most impacts as of late have been balloons. looking the forum for impacts... I would put a link but now I can't find it and I just was reading it a moment ago... :-(

RPSM, another post here said droneDJ has a report of an airplane hitting a drone and retuned to the airport but most impacts as of late have been balloons. looking the forum for impacts... I would put a link but now I can't find it and I just was reading it a moment ago... :-(

Here's the topic. It was an Embraer Envoy 175 departing Chicago on August 22. A reporter that I contacted said that the FAA had concluded that there was a Mylar balloon involved rather than a drone. But that's apparently in doubt. I just looked at the FAA preliminary incident reports and there's still nothing at all mentioned about about it. So, drone or balloon?

In another recent incident, a Cessna 172 was damaged when it collided with a police department drone. August 10. Near Toronto. The 172 had substantial damage to the sheet metal on the nose and an engine teardown and prop check are needed.

Reactions: New England Droning
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_