DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Very thankful to the person that figured this out

Thanks @Purple87SS! My son has an old Mini 2 I might steal to test with during a flight. Then if it doesn't perform well enough, I'll watch the market to see if Apple discounts the Mini 4s once something newer comes out this Spring. I'm a little price sensitive after dropping the cash for the Mavic itself. :)

Just wanted to drop back in on this thread and say thanks for the recommendations to try an iPad Mini 2. I borrowed my son's and flew with it for a while on Friday. It worked great and I loved having a bigger screen than my IPhone 6 Plus. Software was stable and video was smooth. I'd recommend it as well.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

In regards to hardware, I can tell that the iPad mini 4 is faster. In regards to software, main reason I got an IOS device is that the DJI GO 4 app is more optimized compared to the android counterpart. Overall, I choose the iPad mini 4 over the Asus Nexus 7 2013. Don't get me wrong, I use a Samsung Galaxy 7 Edge as my phone. So I'm not talking about fanboy-ism here.
I have the Nvidia shield and it fits rather tight into the arms. The rubber feet in the arms prevent it from sticking in the arms good. Is the IPad mini thinner?
Hi!
I was thinking to get also an Asus 7" for me, but I was wondering if the screen/video quality would be good enough in flight. I mean, is it powerfull enough to fly without any video transmission glitches betwwen the drone and the tablet?
I'm asking because I'm actually using a LG 3 android phone with my Mavic, and I get a lot of freezes and artifacts on my screen when trying to shoot images. So as it's an "ancient" phone as far as actual ones are concerned, I was wondering if an "ancient" tablet like this Asus 7" would be fast enough to sustain a good video transmision from the Mavic.
Thanks in advance for your answer.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using MavicPilots mobile app

I would like hear if any Android tablets other then the Asus Nexus are working with your Mavics? I have tried three tablets all of them fail to connect. My almost ancient Note3 works great with it. Is anybody having any luck with android tablets of any size? Need to get a tablet up and running with my Mavic, but don't have anything Apple or want to start figuring IOS out.
My Nvidia shield works but I had to modify the RC so that the arms would extend wider to accommodate the tablet. I don't like that I have to really push to get the tablet into the arms. The rubber feet in the arms make for a tight fit. The first time I used it, it wouldn't connect but I remember reading on here that someone said to try another cable. I did and it works with the new cable.

On my first flight with the tablet, the DJI GO4 app did crash but as soon as I opened it back up, contact with the MP was reestablished and the rest of the flight was uneventful.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using MavicPilots mobile app

I'll use it with a mini4....but I think the MavMount is a better all around solution.

There's some s clips sold on Amazon that allow an nvidia to fit or just so the Velcro route, either way works fine!

I got a Skyreat tablet holder for my Tab A. Works great, well balanced, and folds almost flat to fit inside the fly more combo carry case.
s-l300.jpg
s-l300.jpg

I have an iPad 4 mini too, I love it with the Mavic.

Has anyone found a decent protective case for the iPad mini 4 that can remain on even when connected to the rc inside the arms? Ideally this is what I want so the mini is protected a bit against drops and I don't have to keep taking it in/out of a case.
I like the right angle connector - added to list of 'must buys'.

I used an Asus Nexus 7 2013 and it was working just fine. There is a bit of rendering issue a few seconds after initial connection. Functions perfectly afterwards. However, I have upgraded to an iPad mini 4 and made the Asus Nexus 7 as back up. The iPad mini 4 works flawlessly.
I just did the same. When the iPad mini 4 128gb was on sale at BB for $269, I decided it was time. The mini does perform flawlessly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eastoncrafter