DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Very unimpressed with my faulty mavic pro

I know, the assembly line worker sneezed and responded to a text and took a selfie and had to go to the bathroom REALLY badly just as that arm was being set and they failed to notice they got it wrong. And THEN, the QC person was having a bad day, watched Donald Trump once again bash Chinese imports and thought, "I'm just gonna let this one slip by". Yeah. THAT'S what happened! :eek:)

Get another one. I'm still amazed with how awesome the Mavic is each time I take it out. The only other drone out there that I'd be interested in owning costs $120k. (Although as a no travel needed option, the 4 is still great.)
Lol ... well i would say i must of unfolded the arms maybe 15 times so it for sure would of made it past quaility control. This just happened... gently unfolding arm and then a funny click noise and bam... dislocated arm...

So half a lipo worth of flight and my mavic was broken. Just a quick background over 9 years i have built many multirotors and fly fpv alot im no noob to quads. I had my 1st fly today, amazing, so solid and the video feed was amazing compared to my 5.8ghz systems. However!! Got home went to take sd card out so unfolded rear nearside arm and i heard a click, and the arm popped out. Still attached but hung loose like a mans arm that had popped out of its socket.. i gently but firmly tried to press it back in with no luck. When i spend over 1000 pounds on a multirotor i dont expect this. For that reason i took it stright back to the shop i bought it from, and have asked them to send it to there people and give me a full refund. I am gutted as i can see this is an amazing piece of kit but! Once bitten twice shy.. no more dji for me..
I hope you bought it from a reputable shop that is willing to stand by the product and willing to be forceful with DJI. the product itself is awesome, but unfortunately I had to deal with returning a Phantom 4 Pro and dealing with a technical support department that does little to openly communicate with you, tells you one thing as to when you'll have a replacement and then takes 3-4 weeks to deliver that replacement, and essentially doesn't care. It is as if they got your money, and then we'll get to support that product when we get around to it. I wish you the best of luck with your return. Keep all communication with DJI as you may need that communication in the future. If you use the chatline, try to remember to take a photo of that chat and save it. I just wanted to let you know what you might expect.

Reactions: Timmyg
Probably a stupid question, given your experience, but did you pull the arm out instead of rotating it?
Hi no i did not pull the arm... on the small number of times i did unfold the arms i was always very slow and carfull as not to damage the gimbal

Reactions: sonof40
I hope you bought it from a reputable shop that is willing to stand by the product and willing to be forceful with DJI. the product itself is awesome, but unfortunately I had to deal with returning a Phantom 4 Pro and dealing with a technical support department that does little to openly communicate with you, tells you one thing as to when you'll have a replacement and then takes 3-4 weeks to deliver that replacement, and essentially doesn't care. It is as if they got your money, and then we'll get to support that product when we get around to it. I wish you the best of luck with your return. Keep all communication with DJI as you may need that communication in the future. If you use the chatline, try to remember to take a photo of that chat and save it. I just wanted to let you know what you might expect.
And thanks jim will keep that in mind... i bought it from a very well known electronics shop im sure they will honner the sale

I might ad, as people seem to just think i crashed and am to proud to admit it, i wanted to post this on here to see if any1 else has had the same problem and also to express how unimpressed i am with my mavic expirence
Nope. You are the first case of all the problems posted here that I have heard of this happening.

Nope. You are the first case of all the problems posted here that I have heard of this happening.
Cyberpower further up i did link another problem from this fourm which the exact same issue... he just unfolded the arm there was a click and then it was dislocated... in a way im glad im not alone i dobt feel so hard done by lol

Well i have now found 4 different people saying the same thing and here some1 posted a pic. This is exatcly what mine looked like a thin black plastic sleeve was also slightly visable

Attachments

• 001050k4d0pv3pq1hz3h0d.jpg
    001050k4d0pv3pq1hz3h0d.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 10
Cyberpower further up i did link another problem from this fourm which the exact same issue... he just unfolded the arm there was a click and then it was dislocated... in a way im glad im not alone i dobt feel so hard done by lol
Well in any case, 4 is a very insignificant number. I wouldn't give up on the Mavic yet. You just got a bad egg.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sverkerh