DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video recording stops?

blackcamo

Reactions
Hi. Maybe someone has an idea on what's happening. I was flying today and recording stopped multiple times on it's own. Never had such a problem. I did recently change sd card, but have used it before and it was fine. Puzzled. Recorded at 2.7k.

Or maybe of I can read the flight log it would help me to figure out the issue here? I don't know how to pull info from the log files...

What card are you using? Are you sure your card is fast enough? It should be at least UHS-I.

I have been having the same problem.. cleared my cache and everything, the video sometimes just stops by itself after 2-3 seconds of recording.. been using the same SD card for 4 months.

I have been having the same problem.. cleared my cache and everything, the video sometimes just stops by itself after 2-3 seconds of recording.. been using the same SD card for 4 months.

It could be that you are right on the edge of what the card is able to continuously write. The data throughput depends on the scene you are recording. I know on my old Canon 500D when I started taking 1080p video the buffer would fill up and stop recording in certain situations because the card wasn't fast enough. This only happened under certain conditions.

Could you try another sd card to see if it fixes your problem? Of course it could be something else but easiest to rule out by switching cards.

The card under investigation is sandisk sdxc I which is one of the fastest cards I have according to tests done with h2w test program. That's why I put it in, it hits 80MB/s download speed

Cards need formatting periodically or various hidden bits like indexing build up.
I t doesn't hurt to format everytime you've downloaded.
Always best to format in the camera you are using the card.

Any half decent Class 10 will do the job, the one DJI supply is nothing special.

Reactions: Enigma
I'll try other ones of course as I haven't got a single problem with the supplied card, but It wasn't the fastest so I've swapped. Maybe sdxc is the problem here. There's a chance that it was actually me hitting the rec button unintentionally, that's why I wonder if flight log would show it. (rec and photo buttons are way too soft in my opinion, but that's something that I have to live with)

Just flew again and noticed that it said 'slow writing' or something like that then got an SD error so think that might be the problem that it is too slow... also haven't formatted in 4 months so think that might also be the problem.. will try again tomorrow

Formatting every time when the card is empty is probably a very good idea, will try to remember to do that. Anyway, I've got most of the shots, it turned out however that the one I thought would be quite awesome is missing - another excuse to get out flying again [emoji106]

I started having this exact issue on this exact day!

There is no way my experience was related to underperforming SD cards, fore I have previously used these cards with multiple hundreds of flights with never an issue. It could have been because the most recent update?? but rolling back the firmware did not solve the issue.

I tried multiple apps on multiple devices without any luck in fixing this issue the only thing I can think of that I did not do is an IMU calibration in hopes of somehow resetting something.

Other things I did try is reformatting the SD cards in the drone, along with trying several different cards that I previously had used without any issues.

I am not completely convinced its a hardware issue but I am heavily leaning that way.

If anybody out there has experienced this issue and solved it please share.

Reactions: Draftsman
Three flight since and I haven't got this issue again, I've been formatting sd card in the quad since, three different cards. I'll keep an eye on it and will report back.

Reactions: leesmavic
Three flight since and I haven't got this issue again, I've been formatting sd card in the quad since, three different cards. I'll keep an eye on it and will report back.

Hopefully that works for you, I have since returned this Mavic and my SD cards are working fine again. It very well could be an update issue, in another thread I was talking to a person who said he has had this issue since .500 firmware update.

If It was only a rare occasion when this occurred I guess I could have lived with it, but my videos were lasting any where from 3 seconds to 6 minutes or so before quitting most of the time much closer to 3 seconds. Then to boot lots of my recording were now corrupt.

I have yet to update my new Mavic just incase it was the firmware and not a hardware issue.

I am really surprised this is not a bigger issue right now if it was caused by an update.

Keep us posted!

Reactions: Draftsman
Hi. Maybe someone has an idea on what's happening. I was flying today and recording stopped multiple times on it's own. Never had such a problem. I did recently change sd card, but have used it before and it was fine. Puzzled. Recorded at 2.7k.
I had the same problem. Issue was the use of a 128GB Type 10 card. Video recording would stop randomly after a few seconds to a couple of minutes. No problem with the original dji 16 GB card or another 32 GB type 1, Mischief managed...
BTW, all with latest firmware and Litchi or DJI Go 4.

after this newest update my video just stops recording after about a minute. never had this problem until i updated

cleared my cache and it's working no problem. all my error

Hopefully that is true because that would be an easy and simple fix and hopefully it's not just your Mavic just playing tricks on you trying to get your hopes up.

What usually happens to me is every time I think I have it figured out, it starts happening again. Sometimes I can get 2 or 3 flights in after I try something then it shows it's ugly head again once I take my drone out for a real flight.

Hopefully it is but If it's not what you think you figured out, I think I might have damaged memory. Although I am not sure what would have suddenly caused this to start happening to all my main cards, the ones I have used for hundreds of flights? Only thing I can think is I have a bad micro sd card reader that is starting to damage all my cards, here again I don't know this for sure it's just a guess.

The reason I am cautious to think your fix will work is, I am pretty sure that cache is just used for the transmitted video that gets store on your device connected to your controller not your actual drone.

Something I noticed my screen right when it would stop recording is all the camera info displayed near the top of the screen would turn white and display an N\A in the spot designated for each parameter, so frame rate, isa, sd card, everything would just show N\A briefly then start displaying itself again......?

I had the same problem and downgraded to a 64gb card. I was using a 128gb (same class) but apparently the Mavic doesn't like that size.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi