DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

what your thoughts on "DJI Royal Mavic Mini Motor Protective Cover"

Not an expert, but I would imagine it would imagine it would stop air from circulating around toe motors preventing them from cooling properly. I could be wrong.

Reactions: Thomas B
These are like any other ones sold on aliexpress. No one does know about them or negative consequences.
As a side note, Phantomrain offers some made of foam, the idea is that he tested and wrote that heat is minimal once you cover the motors so nothing can get in. I expect aluminum ones to behave the same.

I ordered two sets (both colors) a couple days ago from china on aliexpress. As soon as they arrive, i'll test them if no one manages to do it until then.

Last edited:
Motor protection as these are wide open. Maybe also a bit cosmetic.

Reactions: SummerSausage
to me these are just a fashion accessory, i personally would not use them just for that purpose, but each to their own the only thing to do is try them out and see if they do affect the motor cooling who knows, when i had my PH3 i purchased some alloy crack protectors that fitted at the ends of the arms ,and prevented the stress cracks forming, to me they served a purpose but these covers dont really fall into that category.

Reactions: W5CI
I purchased these from amazon uk but decided not to use them in the end. While it would be nice to protect the motors more, we don't really know if they were left open for a technical reason or not.

Reactions: Thomas B
to me these are just a fashion accessory
to me they served a purpose but these covers dont really fall into that category

They serve a purpose for some.
I ordered a set.
My driveway is dirt and tiny little stones, the road outside my house is dirt, and I only have one spot I can takeoff and land relatively safely (and I still see dust and dirt get kicked up as I'm landing).
I'd like to keep tiny stones and dirt out of the motors, and these will do that.
A landing pad for me is no good. My mini spends most of its time ready to go at the instant I see an interesting boat, or kangaroos in the paddock. If I had to peg out a mat every time, I'd lose any opportunity I had for a decent shot.

While it would be nice to protect the motors more, we don't really know if they were left open for a technical reason or not.
If they add a gram, I would imagine it was weight more than anything else.
If it turns out to be heat, I'll let you know!
:)

I was actually thinking about drilling tiny holes in them, so still some air, but not gaping holes like we have now.

My driveway is dirt and tiny little stones, the road outside my house is dirt, and I only have one spot I can takeoff and land relatively safely (and I still see dust and dirt get kicked up as I'm landing).
I'd like to keep tiny stones and dirt out of the motors, and these will do that.
A landing pad for me is no good. My mini spends most of its time ready to go at the instant I see an interesting boat, or kangaroos in the paddock. If I had to peg out a mat every time, I'd lose any opportunity I had for a decent shot.

You always have a suitable take-off/landing location with you: your hand. ;)

Reactions: AIredale1
Not when I'm standing out of the Aussie sun... ;)
if you feel they will benefit your MM, then i hope they do what you want good luck

Reactions: blakamin
you could always tie your Kangaroo down sport ,and take off from its back,just to be different

Reactions: atsphenomenon
Shawn @ Air Photography did a test on motor covers for the MM. I had actually purchased some and then after reading threads like this, was concerned I had made the wrong decision with the possibility of overheating, which sounded like a reasonable concern. Check out attached video. It's made me feel a little better about installing the covers. Going to wait until I have to change any of the props before installing.

Reactions: BeachPilot214

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15