DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What's this fuzziness and how can I solve it

Hey, I cover fuzzy trees a bit on this doc plus some of the basic theory. Hope it helps.

Attachments

• The Mavic Pro Issues, Settings & Solutions Summary V2.pdf
    767.5 KB · Views: 13
I agree with 4wd and others that the most visible defect is probably the shimmering pattern, called moire, due to the pattern of the distant grape vines. Is that what you mean by fuzziness? If so, there is not much to be done about it, except to clean it up in post. A pro would mask out the affected areas and selectively blur them or use other tricks (fft filtering) to minimize the moire. Sharpening will make it worse, and blurring will degrade the overall image.

I'm not convinced by the recent trend to advise using +1 sharpening.
It will often give you a quite noisy effect almost like a fine veil over your scene.
The video which everyone has seen also advises using noise reduction such as neat image in conjunction with the additional sharpness - this will greatly extend your rendering time, and it's easy to get too much smoothing which you only see afer all the waiting.

I'm OK with sharpness on zero and might still use -1 in strong contrasty sunlight.

It all boils down to what looks good, to you. You can fix the noise in post, if necessary, but you cannot reclaim the lost shadow detail that results from the -1 sharpness setting.

Last edited:
Thank you all! Managed to fix the moire using FCPX, analysing and transcoding the clips worked like magic

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zohpar