DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where is video stored (besides SD card)

Bogey

Reactions
When I go into my DJI app under my flight records I get all the stats from my flights as well as pics I took... but my videos don’t get saved there - they are on the SD card.

Do I have a setting wrong or do videos just not get saved there’s?

Thanks!!

They’re not under the flight records, they’re found under the editor tab at the bottom of the “enter device” screen. That’s assuming you have Go set to cache the video.

Keep in mind they’ll be considerably lower quality than what’s recorded to the SD card.

Reactions: Bogey
They’re not under the flight records, they’re found under the editor tab at the bottom of the “enter device” screen. That’s assuming you have Go set to cache the video.

Keep in mind they’ll be considerably lower quality than what’s recorded to the SD card.

If you shoot in less than 4K, you can set it to cache in full HD (at least with Android, not sure about iOS). Handy if you forget your SD card.

Reactions: Bogey
If you shoot in less than 4K, you can set it to cache in full HD (at least with Android, not sure about iOS). Handy if you forget your SD card.
It'll record up to 1080p, but the transmission quality from the Mavic is often lower than that, depending on distance and signal strength. It will also be prone to compression artifacts and signal dropouts.

But you're right, it's better than nothing if you forgot your SD card.

Mr. Salty,I'm not sure that the total matters, but for an iPad with 120GB of storage, how many GB of 1080p video would you say I may cache without interfering with the performance of the device while flying?

Also, with regard to allowing the recording of audio, is the listener going to here anything other than the whir of the propellers?

Thank you.

There is no microphone on the aircraft.... so the listener may here swearing, or pleease come baaack....

Mr. Salty,I'm not sure that the total matters, but for an iPad with 120GB of storage, how many GB of 1080p video would you say I may cache without interfering with the performance of the device while flying?

Also, with regard to allowing the recording of audio, is the listener going to here anything other than the whir of the propellers?

Thank you.

I have no idea. I tend to keep my cache at 4 GB just because I don’t have much use for it. If you’ve got plenty of space on your iPad just experiment with it. I would transfer it off and clear it from your iPad when you can, though.

The audio that will be recorded will be recorded by the microphone on your iPad, so it will be of you talking or whatever. The audio is usually fairly useless.

I have no idea. I tend to keep my cache at 4 GB just because I don’t have much use for it. If you’ve got plenty of space on your iPad just experiment with it. I would transfer it off and clear it from your iPad when you can, though.

The audio that will be recorded will be recorded by the microphone on your iPad, so it will be of you talking or whatever. The audio is usually fairly useless.

Thank you for the clarification.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sound