DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which Mavic wrap should I get?

Fotomatt1

Reactions
I've been considering putting a vinyl wrap on my mavic to give it a custom look. Just curious which ones everybody has had the best luck installing or have the best overall fit? Been looking at Dronewrap and Decal Girl. Any others I should consider? Thanks in advance!

I have heard from another post here and on the DJI forum that wraps are ok unless it's made from carbon fiber. DJI has a warning that CF wraps can interfere or something along those lines.

I have heard from another post here and on the DJI forum that wraps are ok unless it's made from carbon fiber. DJI has a warning that CF wraps can interfere or something along those lines.
Hey Rob,
I believe your referring to the type of vinyl with the metallic type of coatings. those can cause interference with GPS and the compass.
I believe only certain ones do it though. Some skins use a plastic imitation metal look that are safe to use.

Reactions: Former Member
Hey Rob,
I believe your referring to the type of vinyl with the metallic type of coatings. those can cause interference with GPS and the compass.
I believe only certain ones do it though. Some skins use a plastic imitation metal look that are safe to use.

Good catch! Yep that's exactly what I was talking about. So, when wrapping your Mavic, be careful what you wrap it with.

I sprayed mine with Plastidip just to help with visibilty, I have a cutter but didn't feel like spending so much time applying stickers

Interfere with what?

Are there any particular brands people like for the best fit / quality?
I bought a multicam skin from Decal Girl for $25. Everything fits fine and it looks cool. I've had it on for a few months and the skin hasn't peeled up or come off; still looks good.

It doesn't interfere with the GPS or RC signal that I can tell as it flies the same and goes just as far as it always has.

Attachments

• IMG_3199.JPG
    IMG_3199.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 116
I bought a multicam skin from Decal Girl for $25. Everything fits fine and it looks cool. I've had it on for a few months and the skin hasn't peeled up or come off; still looks good.

It doesn't interfere with the GPS or RC signal that I can tell as it flies the same and goes just as far as it always has.

Any pictures? As @Drone Master said, I think the skins that had a metallic type of coating could possibly cause interference. And we all know how sensitive our Mavic compasses are, even with a second one as redundant. Maybe the next Mavic will have 3 or 4 compasses lol

Any pictures? As @Drone Master said, I think the skins that had a metallic type of coating could possibly cause interference. And we all know how sensitive our Mavic compasses are, even with a second one as redundant. Maybe the next Mavic will have 3 or 4 compasses lol
Here's some pics. My Mavic gives no errors nor do I perceive any interference and it performs as it always has with the skin.

Attachments

• IMG_3525.JPG
    IMG_3525.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 124
  • IMG_3528.JPG
    IMG_3528.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 129
Reactions: Award
I always throw on a mavic "magnum" cover before I fly, it's a perfect fit, and nobody's got pregnant yet!
Word to the wise, for all you noobs, don't fly unprotected.

Reactions: noimage and wayy510
Just put this wrap on my Mavic, it's the limited edition Coloration-X by dronewrap Japan.
9fdac1a00deaa433d0b1e1a9c9d01f1a.jpg

The video shows it better
Makes it easier to see in sunlight. Wonder if it'll help keep the birds away

Reactions: NinjaNut
Mine is from zapwrapz in U.K. Happy with the quality and the coverage and doesn't seem to affect flight in any way, I also like that it doesn't cover the mavic logo and gold stripes on arms
ea47a8273b6a13dd28e720a301d44ed2.jpg
3f7b7443616d06f990ef1d4baa70dcb5.jpg
4b82816d471544feddb0576b284a3601.jpg

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d