DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Worth it?

Colberado

Reactions
Worth getting the M2pro over the zoom if I’m currently only capable of/have time to do post on an iPad Pro with Luma and affinity? Aware of all of the different camera specs etc, have done my DD, just seeking a friendly opinion. Thanks!

Worth getting the M2pro over the zoom if I’m currently only capable of/have time to do post on an iPad Pro with Luma and affinity? Aware of all of the different camera specs etc, have done my DD, just seeking a friendly opinion. Thanks!

From the hardware stand point and processing power you are going to be okay with your iPad Pro running Affinity / Luma. The answer depends on how bad you want the 1 inch CMOS sensor, 20M pixels of the M2Pro vs the 1/2.3″ CMOS sensor, 12M Pixels of the M2Z.
So the answer is yes, worth getting the M2P over M2Z.

Reactions: Elude and Colberado
From the hardware stand point and processing power you are going to be okay with your iPad Pro running Affinity / Luma. The answer depends on how bad you want the 1 inch CMOS sensor, 20M pixels of the M2Pro vs the 1/2.3″ CMOS sensor, 12M Pixels of the M2Z.

Thanks for the advice man. Was so close to pulling the trigger tonight until I read about all of the barrel distortion on the pro2 that apparently can not be fixed in post via lumafusion.

Woah Hold up
please read my thread before you decide...cR
Mavic Zoom vs Mavic Pro2

Reactions: Colberado
Can you live with the smaller sensor that can do cool things like zoom? If I had the budget I would have gotten the new pro. I’m actually pretty happy with my zoom. I can readily see its weaknesses such as low light but still very happy with it. It does amazing in the daylight and shoots really good video. The zoom gives you a whole bunch of different options when you’re flying that you normally wouldn’t have. I don’t do any post production so it works perfectly for me.

I have 2 pro, I love aperture control best along with all the rest, buttttt my old Mavic 1 id say took more natural looking video. I don’t really notice a lot of barrel effect. Does often have grainy skies. There’s little problems with every drone. Zoom seems pretty sweet. ESP. If not your not doing a lot of professional post processing. Etc.

The only thing LumaFusion can't do at the moment is correct distortion, which is a concern if you shoot H265 DLog-M. It will have no problem with H265 4k footage though. Just something to be aware of.

It's difficult to make a case for the Zoom provided you can afford the Pro, more explanation here:

Sold the Pro 2 for a Zoom

And if you like to take still photos (and care about quality) the Zoom isn't even in the discussion - that 1/2.3" sensor is OK for 4K video in good light, but very poor for everything else, relatively speaking.

If you never need to edit your footage and never take photos, you can make a better case for the Zoom because it's cheaper. The 1" sensor, 77 - 55 degree 4K FOV options (similar result to the Zoom), aperture control, and 10bit D-Log are pretty huge selling points for the Pro. YMMV of course.

Also regarding the comment about more natural video - you can quickly and easily process the video to look however you want with just a few clicks - the only difference is you have far more leeway in the M2P footage because of 10bit DLog-M. If you don't like the color just use a new LUT.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661