DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

“Battery not present”

Maviac

Reactions
Huh? DJI Go 4, connected to my MA, which is turned on, streaming video to my phone, warning me of a rear obstruction (me, standing 7 feet behind it) says it can’t takeoff because there’s no battery present.

What’s up with that? It’s sort of tautological: it obviously has a battery, otherwise it couldn’t tell me it (supposedly) didn’t have a battery. I switched out to battery 2 and it was fine (battery 1, which was what gave me the error, was at about 50%). I was actually just standing in my office and not intending to fly at all (I was updating firmware; B1 was at around 65% before updating but ran down during the process) but this seemed to be a strange error. Anyone else seen this?

I have not seen this error before , but you sir win the Word of the Day Prize!

Tautological!

However the usage is a little skewed.

Tautology is useless restatement, or saying the same thing twice using different words. “Speedy sprint" is a tautology because sprint already means "speedy running." The noun tautology originates from the Greek word tautologos, meaning“repeating what is said.”

Reactions: W2EJ
I have not seen this error before , but you sir win the Word of the Day Prize!

Tautological!

However the usage is a little skewed.

Tautology is useless restatement, or saying the same thing twice using different words. “Speedy sprint" is a tautology because sprint already means "speedy running." The noun tautology originates from the Greek word tautologos, meaning“repeating what is said.”
Yeah, I know. Professional writer/editor here. I was using the term somewhat ironically, and was also being a little lazy in my usage; it was really an ironic phrasal inverse tautology, to get somewhat technical, linguistically. The inverse logical tautology is “battery [powered drone] says battery [powered drone] has no battery”

Reactions: BD0G
:D I guess that's about the same thing as your computer saying
no keyboard present, press F1 to continue ...:cool:

Attachments

• g3k62dxzj3ax.jpg
    g3k62dxzj3ax.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 20
For anyone else who has this come up, DJI seems to have no clue what's going on. They've asked me to return the unit and all batteries to them, but I don't get the sense that they really understand.

For anyone else who has this come up, DJI seems to have no clue what's going on. They've asked me to return the unit and all batteries to them, but I don't get the sense that they really understand.
Of course they don't really understand. That is why they asked you to send everything back to them. [emoji6]

Reactions: Maviac
Of course they don't really understand. That is why they asked you to send everything back to them. [emoji6]
Yeah, I spent a lot of unproductive time online with them this afternoon. I still don't understand what he was asking me, something about the "red part" of the battery, but he says he wasn't talking about the red strip under the latches. I finally gave up after he asked me to look underneath the battery for this supposed "red part" while it was installed in the drone, which is obviously physically impossible.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki