DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

⚠️ Mavic Mini RTH Altitude Setting Not Saving ?

You might be, but that doesn't mean it is so.
Lots of users complain about "forced updates" for other DJI products buit they forget they have their devices set to auto-update.

If I had one, I would.
Excuse the skepticism, but I've seen 100 posts complaining about RTH height not saving when the users simply did not have their drone connected when they tried to reset the RTH height.
Since every other DJI drone works this way, it would be quite unlikely for this new one to be any different.
If you want to claim something that's unlikely, you should provide something more to back up the claim.
The drone was connected.

I'm honestly shocked at the iOS version being more buggy than the android version. It's normally the other way round when it comes to "beta" software. I'm calling this beta as its still in its super infancy at the moment.

I'm still running DJI Fly App: 12th Nov 2019 | 1.0.1 | Android 9

I'm honestly shocked at the iOS version being more buggy than the android version. It's normally the other way round

For sure !
Maybe DJI is giving Android a bit of payback for past issues.

Whatever the reason for the IOS lack of features showing / RTH setting etc, let's hope DJI are on top of sorting it out.

EDIT, maybe IOS users with the Mini should report these things ?
Talking about it here does nothing, it needs posts on the official DJI forums, where their people are fairly heavily involved in threads.

DJI Mavic Mini threads

Unfortunately the response right now is probably going to be "not supporting tablets at this time"
Now if you find the same problem with an iPhone listed in their compatibility list, then you have something to report that they will (or should) listen to.

Unfortunately the response right now is probably going to be "not supporting tablets at this time"
Now if you find the same problem with an iPhone listed in their compatibility list, then you have something to report that they will (or should) listen to.

It seems to be not just tablets (or rather ipads), but more the IOS platform.
My iphone 6 is listed, along with most apple devices, and doesn't show signal loss options (forced RTH, hover, land), nor allow the RTH altitude to be held at whatever setting from last flight.

There may be other little things that aren't there, who knows for sure. Yet.
Only these discussions brings out what's there or missing.

Reactions: grahamjohnson10
I got mine today and I tested indoor and I noticed the RTH altitude returns to 15meters as opposed to the 40meters I chose. I thought it's because I was indoor. I have not tested the Mini outdoor yet.

Well you can, but settings specific to the AC immediately bounce back to defaults. It sounds like the app is not retrieving the setting from the AC. I wonder though if it maintains the setting in the AC if you don't view it in the app.
Does this happen with Android and iOS, or just one of them?
Tomorrow I'm going to fire it up and look at the settings in the App but not change them, I know I set RTH to about 400 feet.
Then I'm going to fly out about 100 feet height at a distance of 500 feet and do an RTH.
Lets see what happens !

Tomorrow I'm going to fire it up and look at the settings in the App but not change them, I know I set RTH to about 400 feet.
Then I'm going to fly out about 100 feet height at a distance of 500 feet and do an RTH.
Lets see what happens !

You should check before flying to see what RTH is at pre flight, just in case.

Whatever it's set at, if GPS is fine it should return to home as requested.
There are some situations that may make the RTH setting irrelevant, eg if RTH is set at say 30m alt, and you are flying at 40m, it might be like other DJI drones and not go down to set RTH alt, but remain at the higher alt for the run home.

This is something I didn't notice in the manual.

The manual also talks about RTH proceedure, and states if under 20m the drone with rise to RTH alt, OR 20m, then begin flight home.
Not sure if 20m is some sort of safe min alt, but it seems weird seeing you can set RTH to 15m as default (or maybe even less ?)

I got mine today and I tested indoor and I noticed the RTH altitude returns to 15meters as opposed to the 40meters I chose. I thought it's because I was indoor. I have not tested the Mini outdoor yet.
Indoors or out should make no difference.

What mobile device are you using.

I think the problem is the IOS App is not reading the MM correctly.

Default RTH height is low enough that testing in a large field without checking should be OK. One can just cancel RTH if it becomes a problem, and even override height and direction with sticks.

Default RTH height is low enough that testing in a large field without checking should be OK. One can just cancel RTH if it becomes a problem, and even override height and direction with sticks.
Your comment makes no sense at all, the RTH height setting is one of the most important settings on any drone.
If the signal is lost between the controller and the drone how the hell are you going to use the sticks.

Reactions: Buzz_uk and scooot
The topic is about RTH height not being saved, with default found to be 50ft.

The idea is to test if the RTH is really being saved but not showing correctly and not changing as long as you don't touch or even look at the setting.
So, to test this, set RTH to say 100ft, close app, start app, fly out 100ft down a clear field below 50ft with no obstacles between you and AC. Engage RTH and observe.
Report back here if it went up 50ft or 100ft.

If during the test RTH behavior is unexpected, disengage or override. You shouldn't lose signal only 100ft away in a clear field.

The topic is about RTH height not being saved, with default found to be 50ft.

The idea is to test if the RTH is really being saved but not showing correctly and not changing as long as you don't touch or even look at the setting.
So, to test this, set RTH to say 100ft, close app, start app, fly out 100ft down a clear field below 50ft with no obstacles between you and AC. Engage RTH and observe.
Report back here if it went up 50ft or 100ft.
I will have to do this test tomorrow because the weather here in London is crap, and it's getting dark.

What an unfortunate [edit] response. Providing "evidence" and help and assistance and advice are what this forum is all about; it's the forum's purpose!
Please check the link and read.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReynolds078