DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

⚠️ Mavic Mini RTH Altitude Setting Not Saving ?

It's been tested and found that the last setting is retained in the AC, even if the app doesn't show it.

So it can't hurt to check and reset it, but if you forget and last setting is appropriate for current conditions, there won't be a problem.

It's been tested and found that the last setting is retained in the AC, even if the app doesn't show it.

So it can't hurt to check and reset it, but if you forget and last setting is appropriate for current conditions, there won't be a problem.
I can second that, just tested.

Please guys stop making excuses for what is obviously a bug.

Max altitude / range and all other settings save fine, but the most important one does not.
The RTH should be set for each individual flight depending on the results of a pre-flight site survey to identify specific characteristics of a particular flight location.

if one uses checklists, it should be impossible to “forget” to do the RTH setting.

Setting RTH to 400ft unless indicated by the site survey is rather a waste of battery at what might be a time-critical point in a flight.

The “buy and fly” types are prone to find themselves in bad situations...

Reactions: scooot
Setting RTH to 400ft unless indicated by the site survey is rather a waste of battery at what might be a time-critical point in a flight.

I would agree with this ??

For me, 90ft is typically sufficient. 120ft definitely OK, as long as you don't manage to get a cell tower between AC and you.

Reactions: Thomas B
Don’t have one yet. Stuck in a FedEx system.
I tend to not play with updates very much until I find a good reason.
The really good thing on this forum is there are lots of folks that provide info on bugs in firmware that becomes very beneficial. Not saying there is a bug, just like to do some reading first.
dji sent fedex 1000 drones per pallet.. i found out because the women slipped up and told me at fed ex so customs has to break up the pallet and scan each one with xray or manifest etc.. again dji screwed up.. i got mine within 48 hours of clearing customs which was 2 days so 4 days total on top of my 10 of waiting for presale... but i think they say 10 days before they ship so us americans dont freak out.. why well it takes 3 weeks to ship from china always did.. so they say 7-10 days processing then 3-5 days shipping thats 15 days lol so alittle twist of words ..

For me, 90ft is typically sufficient. 120ft definitely OK, as long as you don't manage to get a cell tower between AC and you.
120 feet is decent for any thing cept a building or cell tower etc.. stay 30 feet away from power lines the emf will screw up the drones systems and video will cut out 120 is a good rth

i think i might figured out my issue.. i think the app needs to be on wifi aka cell data to stop the rc disconnect issues im having i saw another post where it requres you to be logged on to your account.. so if you dont have a cell phone or can afford one with date or a like me who i have to use one connected to a hot spot on my phone when in the feild.. thats probably my issues not the cable

i think i might figured out my issue.. i think the app needs to be on wifi aka cell data to stop the rc disconnect issues im having i saw another post where it requres you to be logged on to your account.. so if you dont have a cell phone or can afford one with date or a like me who i have to use one connected to a hot spot on my phone when in the feild.. thats probably my issues not the cable
Logging into the account is only for activation. It is not required for flight.

Logging into the account is only for activation. It is not required for flight.
are you sure.. i saw a thread that i didnt save.. that it says it requires data.. because it automatically sends your stats uploads them where the go4 app lets you sync yourself.. it flew find in my yard on wifi data.. i dont know im going to try it with the new iphone 7 i got on order.. so if thats it then it def needs it.. now with my p3p i dont use data im on 1.9 and 1.10 you cant downgrade so i have it burned into memory turn off wifi lol

Syncing is optional but beneficial, especially when between devices.
Logging onto your account is cached. Only a few times for the several years I've had my P3 and then M2 did I have to log in, unless I intentionally logged out. Maintaining login includes when I've rebooted my devices.

dji sent fedex 1000 drones per pallet.. i found out because the women slipped up and told me at fed ex so customs has to break up the pallet and scan each one with xray or manifest etc.. again dji screwed up.. i got mine within 48 hours of clearing customs which was 2 days so 4 days total on top of my 10 of waiting for presale... but i think they say 10 days before they ship so us americans dont freak out.. why well it takes 3 weeks to ship from china always did.. so they say 7-10 days processing then 3-5 days shipping thats 15 days lol so alittle twist of words ..
Not sure that DJI is parking 1000 boxes on a pallet and would certainly take a bit of effort to re-stack something of that size. Check the picture in this thread. Post #40

Not sure that DJI is parking 1000 boxes on a pallet and would certainly take a bit of effort to re-stack something of that size. Check the picture in this thread. Post #40
i was told 1000 boxes not on one pallet but probably 10 or so i was told this by the employee looking at the manifest from fedex.. so they bundle and prolly save money that way shipping thousands of drones to a particualr country thats why it takes a few days to break a pallet down xray it then they rebuild the pallet or individually send out the drone in a bin the customs people act as a secondary shipper a fed ex truck or plane is right on the tar mac or number of trucks and they load stuff up thats why smaller packages in the hand go fast they dont have to break pallets down

i was told 1000 boxes not on one pallet but probably 10 or so i was told this by the employee looking at the manifest from fedex.. so they bundle and prolly save money that way shipping thousands of drones to a particualr country thats why it takes a few days to break a pallet down xray it then they rebuild the pallet or individually send out the drone in a bin the customs people act as a secondary shipper a fed ex truck or plane is right on the tar mac or number of trucks and they load stuff up thats why smaller packages in the hand go fast they dont have to break pallets down
Isn’t this you’re post? Post number 66?
dji sent fedex 1000 drones per pallet.. i found out because the women slipped up and told me at fed ex

Isn’t this you’re post? Post number 66?
dji sent fedex 1000 drones per pallet.. i found out because the women slipped up and told me at fed ex
yes.. why are you trying to break my balls..? they told me 900 to 1000 drones in pallets could be 1000 per pallet could be 100 thats just what the fedex lady told me.. so stop splitting hairs.. they were in large pallets ok... they were broken down by customs individually scanned in xray etc... then rebundled or sent out individually onto a bin then to a plane etc...

do i need to say thats all speculationl... or are you one of these persons who loves picking apart peoples sentances word for word and screwing with them?

My apologies if what I said was offensive to you.
My point was that I thought your information was a bit off.
That was all.

iOS iPhone, set 30m RTH yesterday, today it had defaulted to 15m in app, I didn’t modify anything in the app just flew, when I hit RTH on the remote the aircraft ascended to 30m and returned as per yesterday’s setting.

So set my RTH to 30m two days ago and haven’t touched it since, I have now tested RTH with a number of flights/ replacement batteries. The app states 15m yet when I hit RTH the aircraft climbs to 30m, you can see in the Airdat info it recognises the previously set 30m at power up.

Attachments

• FCE27924-43F0-40FF-A838-1F8312FDC958.jpeg
    FCE27924-43F0-40FF-A838-1F8312FDC958.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
Forced updates are rare.
Will the Mini truly not fly, if you ignore the update?
Fired mine up this morning after activation. Powered off.
The next power on was locked out.
Seems to be a forced update to me. New app for this ac, so maybe I’m not pushing the right buttons. I’ve more than a dozen DJI ac and not seen this before.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J