DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

01/09/17 anyone been effected?

"If the firmware of either the aircraft or the battery is not updated by September 1, Spark will not be able to take off."

O yeah spark only but tis the day

Tomorrow, I thought it was today.
It wasn't clear due to Chinglish.. they said "after the 1st", so technically it should be "from the 2nd"...

But then... this is today's notice.

IMG_0021.jpg

It only pops up if you are online, but does so with all app versions that support the Spark.

It wasn't clear due to Chinglish.. they said "after the 1st", so technically it should be "from the 2nd"...

But then... this is today's notice.

View attachment 20966

It only pops up if you are online, but does so with all app versions that support the Spark.

DJI is probably one of the few companies that is this big and has such a terrible set of people handling the communication dept. Jeez lets not forget all the great press releases over the months, like update your Mavic or it wont fly, then a clarification that is pulled the next day.
So now we get out the Popcorn and wait.

Rob

I laughed a lot at their newsletter a couple of days ago with subject line "The DJI Endless Summer Sale Ends Soon!" :D

Incredible they still aren't able/willing to hire someone who can actually write English...

DJI is probably one of the few companies that is this big and has such a terrible set of people handling the communication dept. Jeez lets not forget all the great press releases over the months, like update your Mavic or it wont fly, then a clarification that is pulled the next day.
So now we get out the Popcorn and wait.

Rob
Those same idiots not only handle the PR but also QC the hardware and really really watch over the programmers!

There's a lot of Sparks sitting in boxes right now that aren't going to be happy when purchased and started up.

Reactions: Robbyg
There's a lot of Sparks sitting in boxes right now that aren't going to be happy when purchased and started up.

Wow yes I never thought of that one, good catch!
What happens when you buy one a week from now and it won't start. Is a total newbie going to have to tackle a firmware update during the first hour of ownership?
That's a lot of burden to put on the customer.

Rob

Who cares? if I'm lucky, maybe after some nice attempts, my mavic will wake up in 1993 and think Bill Clinton is the POTUS
All of this because once I found a MOV file on my previous Mavic's SD which was dated 31 dec 1993

Reactions: superdave5050
Who cares? if I'm lucky, maybe after some nice attempts, my mavic will wake up in 1993 and think Bill Clinton is the POTUS
All of this because once I found a MOV file on my previous Mavic's SD which was dated 31 dec 1993

And it was a clip I had actually captured with said mavic in spring 2017

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet