DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

01.1.01.0700 firmware is just released

Sadly the issue with the glitch on the top left of 4k video is still there.
I'm surprised it isn't being talked about more.

I'm not sure we've even established if everyone has the problem?

The worrying thing is that if they haven't fixed it with this update then it's obviously not a trivial fix. Is it possible it can't be fixed with firmware?

It would only show up on the DNG files and usually only if you're using Adobe camera raw, bridge, lightroom, or photoshop to process the raw files.

This was their latest response about it back on November 24th

View attachment 119487
That’ll be why I don’t have the issue then. I don’t use Adobe products. I hate their subscription model. I use Afinity.

Reactions: TDZHDTV
i flew today after the firmware update and i can confirm that the signal is very good, in urban area i went 2700m without any warning, so now is very stable the signal

Reactions: TDZHDTV
Gotcha. I haven’t had that issue with mine. In fact, I haven’t had any issues so far.
The DNG issue shows up in Adobe products including Lightroom and Photoshop. The problem is still there.

Test flight in the house is much stronger, faster GPS signal, warning flickers are gone.. 3 sats in the middle of the house is great improvement.

Have not yet tested covering up the sensor at the bottom.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 2 in the Rain and soon land on Water.

Reactions: WooZie
Sadly the issue with the glitch on the top left of 4k video is still there.
I'm surprised it isn't being talked about more.

I'm not sure we've even established if everyone has the problem?

The worrying thing is that if they haven't fixed it with this update then it's obviously not a trivial fix. Is it possible it can't be fixed with firmware?
Or it's not as high a priority as other things on the list for them.

Or it's not as high a priority as other things on the list for them.
The DNG problem in Panoramas should be able to be fixed via firmware since the DNG still files are fine. I'm sure that DJI and Adobe can get together to rectify the issue. I am not familiar with the red line in the 4k 30fps issue at all and can't comment on it. I shoot 4k 24fps and have not seen any issues at all with that frame rate.

The DNG problem in Panoramas should be able to be fixed via firmware since the DNG still files are fine. I'm sure that DJI and Adobe can get together to rectify the issue. I am not familiar with the red line in the 4k 30fps issue at all and can't comment on it. I shoot 4k 24fps and have not seen any issues at all with that frame rate.

My understanding is that the framerate is irrelevant - the fault exists when shooting video at 4k at any framerate.
I shoot at 25p and have the fault. I've not tried 24p - but it would be surprising if that were different from 25p.

Are you sure you don't have the fault? It's not something you notice unless you really look for it.

If you've got any 4k frame grabs with blue sky in the top left corner would be great if you could post.

My understanding is that the framerate is irrelevant - the fault exists when shooting video at 4k at any framerate.
I shoot at 25p and have the fault. I've not tried 24p - but it would be surprising if that were different from 25p.

Are you sure you don't have the fault? It's not something you notice unless you really look for it.

If you've got any 4k frame grabs with blue sky in the top left corner would be great if you could post.
It's not, the small orange line in the top left corner shows for 4k 30p, but does not show for me at 4k 24p.

But at least it's basically a 1-ish pixel tall line right at the edge, I can crop that off in an editor.

The new update is proving to have solved all the Problems we were having with the of our Mini 2 Rescue Jackets:

No longer getting the Prop Guard Warning when taking off.
Sport mode is error free
Remote landing on the Water no longer causes Drifts.
GPS is decidedly stronger.
Hover in place is solid and back to 17 Sats the same as Air 2.

Guess now we can release the Mini 2 Rescue Jackets :p
Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly you Mini 2 In the Rain and Land on Water.

It's not, the small orange line in the top left corner shows for 4k 30p, but does not show for me at 4k 24p.

But at least it's basically a 1-ish pixel tall line right at the edge, I can crop that off in an editor.
Ah - very interesting. I've not tried 24p so will give it a go.

True - you can crop it out easily so I don't think it's the deal breaker some people do.
But it means we can't get true 4k 30p which is one of the big selling points of the Mini 2 - so they really should fix.

I don't see the line. This 4K frame was grabbed with DaVinci Resolve. This was shot at 30FPS.

BTW, does anyone know the name of this type bird? I can't seem to find it anywhere. It's not a duck, but has duck-like features, such as web feet for water paddling. But the tail is longer, more pronounced than a duck. It's skinnier than a duck, but all of the birds are brown, similar to a female duck. This breed bird hangs out alone (no other breeds allowed) above a river at sunset every day, while regular ducks, geese, pelicans, egrets and mud hens stay in the river water below, in an urban bird sanctuary.

Attachments

• birds on a wire_1.14.1.jpg
    birds on a wire_1.14.1.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I don't see the line. This 4K frame was grabbed with DaVinci Resolve. This was shot at 30FPS.

BTW, does anyone know the name of this type bird? I can't seem to find it anywhere. It's not a duck, but has duck-like features, such as web feet for water paddling. But the tail is longer, more pronounced than a duck. It's skinnier than a duck, but all of the birds are brown, similar to a female duck. This breed bird hangs out alone (no other breeds allowed) above a river at sunset every day, while regular ducks, geese, pelicans, egrets and mud hens stay in the river water below, in an urban bird sanctuary.
Those would be Cormorants, females or juveniles if they are all brown.

Interesting. Looks like you're lucky to have a glitch free model.

Wonder if there's any kind of pattern? Is it possible they've fixed it in hardware at some point?

That's not what this suggests.

screenshot_20201217_233730-jpeg.119599

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
espinafre