DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

1 metre speed mode has arrived for the Mini 3 pro !!!

Refresh m8 please

have just done the update for my Mini 3 pro ,with the DJI RC controller
the update is in two parts firmware and APP update
there are a couple of things to be aware of during the update process
make sure you have at least 50% battery charge in the drone and RC as it takes a good few minutes to do the update ,at around the 70% mark on the progress counter the drone will turn off ,dont worry,as the remainder of the process is specifically for the RC
also towards the end of the update,the screen will go black ,and then after a short time the App will restart ,this happened twice ,during my update ,and it will then eventually come back on after a while
just be patient and let it do its thing ,and lastly do restart the drone ,after everything is finished , and check that none of your current settings have changed ,which can happen during some firmware updates ,

have just done the update for my Mini 3 pro ,with the DJI RC controller
the update is in two parts firmware and APP update
there are a couple of things to be aware of during the update process
make sure you have at least 50% battery charge in the drone and RC as it takes a good few minutes to do the update ,at around the 70% mark on the progress counter the drone will turn off ,dont worry,as the remainder of the process is specifically for the RC
also towards the end of the update,the screen will go black ,and then after a short time the App will restart ,this happened twice ,during my update ,and it will then eventually come back on after a while
just be patient and let it do its thing ,and lastly do restart the drone ,after everything is finished , and check that none of your current settings have changed ,which can happen during some firmware updates ,
Sound advice. Remote was charged to 100% and drone battery near enough the same as hoping to fly tomorrow.

Experienced exactly the same as you, ran a fan to keep drone cool during update process. Did check existing gain / expo settings and they remained the same on all three modes - cine, normal and sport

I also have the RC remote and the majority of the firmware data was for this (updated integrated DJI Fly app to 1.9.8). Circa 800MB

I also done the update were the drone switched off when on 60 or 70% checked app for updates after and the latest is installed
being used to Tripod this update has gone further then my expectations were you can slow it down to 1m/s

Tested in doors and works great!!!

Last edited:
Has anyone tried out the 1-meter speed mode in POI or spotlight mode? Is the reported erratic behaviour of the M3P still present, or has it been resolved?

What has crossed my mind now, is what will most of us set the max speed to as the "standard setting"? It seems to have defaulted to 6 metres per second in cine mode...

Paul.

Last edited:
@Paul Iddon i will not be able to try out the changes till the weather improves here ,but it will be interesting to see if the speeds with the new settings ,are anything like those of the tripod mode on my MPP ,that is great for close up videoing ,really smooth and silky

Reactions: Paul Iddon
@Paul Iddon i will not be able to try out the changes till the weather improves here ,but it will be interesting to see if the speeds with the new settings ,are anything like those of the tripod mode on my MPP ,that is great for close up videoing ,really smooth and silky
I may be flying in an empty, stationary, museum train carriage so will be perfect for this.

Philip Bloom campaigned for this mode (it's on his channel) so it's down to him, so we'll done that man...

Paul.

Reactions: old man mavic
Hi
I have tried 1m/s low speed and it works as it should but never like the MPP on tripod Mode, best thing about this update is that you have the choice of speeds from 1m/s upwards

Isn’t the weather awful. Very boring, no flying. Not looking hopeful in the coming days.

Isn’t the weather awful. Very boring, no flying. Not looking hopeful in the coming days.

UAV today says don't risk it lol.... I've not flown since the update today, nor am I likely too for a few days.... Most annoying!

possibly this coming Sunday and Monday look promising up to now where i live in South Wales ,but before then no chance too wet and or windy

Might try 5 minutes...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230329_192044.png
    Screenshot_20230329_192044.png
    650.2 KB · Views: 13
Somethings gone wrong here; I updated the firmware but there's no app update (I have the normal RC)
You might have to do with DJI assistant 2 consumer drone series!!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdevyview