DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

1 Week in Focus Issues

Akopley

Reactions
Hello. Just got my mavic last week and have logged quite a few flights. I think i may be suffering from the hardware issue with the camera that involves soft focus. I flew tonight and am in the process of uploading that video. I utilize the center to focus button and i still seem to suffer from a large portion of my video being soft and sometimes my entire image is blurry. I doubt I am doing something wrong, but that is why I am here asking. I recalibrated the IMU last night and i feel like my entire image is slightly crooked now. Maybe I am just being overly critical, but my experience with a phantom 3 standard was much better than this (video quality wise). I love this little thing, but i have a feeling I got a lemon. It's clear sometimes as you can see on other portions of the video, but i seem to be unable to get a consistent show.

Go to 1:30 on this one

Go to 3:18 on this one

Last edited:
I see blurry in the top left corner to the centre about .25% of the upper left is blurry in second video when your looking at the buildings facing down look at your image in the far right corner it's clean and crisp but the top left isn't so much . At least that's what my eye sees. Is there a smudge on the lens ? Condensation ?

I see blurry in the top left corner to the centre about .25% of the upper left is blurry in second video when your looking at the buildings facing down look at your image in the far right corner it's clean and crisp but the top left isn't so much . At least that's what my eye sees. Is there a smudge on the lens ? Condensation ?

No smudges. It's clear sometimes, which is what is really confusing. Is there a chance that sub 40 degrees and wind could cause this effect?

Condensation??

I had this problem Also. You gotta find a good Brick wall or something Else that Will stand out. And take some pictures thats how i Found out. Cause on the pictures. The Center was Sharp but towards the Edge it began to soften. Not much but enough to that i could not stop looking at it. . I tried everything with help from dji support but its in for repair now. I only have good things to say about the dji support so give it a try. Hope you find a solution for the problem [emoji4]

Condensation??

It's cold every time i fly, but it doesn't always happen. I held the drone in my house and filmed my fish tank and no blur/everything in focus. I am thinking it might be from excessive wind. I get that warning every time i fly though, being i am in chicago. When i try and manual focus it's like nothing is happening at all. I sometimes knock it out of focus and the only way to get it clear again is to fly down low and refocus on something close and well lit. I am dissapointed in this and am hoping for something outside of sending it back. I took this below video tonight and it's fairly clear, but it's a dark shot. It was also in tripod mode.

So potential variables causing my problem:

Wind
Cold
Flying in sport
Bad hardware
Condensation (albeit unlikely unless it's forming consistently on the edges)

I had this problem Also. You gotta find a good Brick wall or something Else that Will stand out. And take some pictures thats how i Found out. Cause on the pictures. The Center was Sharp but towards the Edge it began to soften. Not much but enough to that i could not stop looking at it. . I tried everything with help from dji support but its in for repair now. I only have good things to say about the dji support so give it a try. Hope you find a solution for the problem [emoji4]

I feel like mine is more of an overall focus issue at times. Sometimes the video goes pure blur and i can't recenter the focus on auto or manual.

I feel like mine is more of an overall focus issue at times. Sometimes the video goes pure blur and i can't recenter the focus on auto or manual.
Sounds weird. But anyway dont use to much time trying to fix it yourself cause many Are having issues with the Focus. Contact dji they Will help you through some steps. Maybe that fixes it [emoji4]

Sounds weird. But anyway dont use to much time trying to fix it yourself cause many Are having issues with the Focus. Contact dji they Will help you through some steps. Maybe that fixes it [emoji4]

I opened up a ticket based on your advice. Will update this thread as the situation unfolds.

I am still noticing on high wind, low light days the camera loses focus. I have the peak focus set to normal, so when the focus is soft I can tell that nothing is highlighted in red. When the focus is good, red is everywhere. I can't figure out the catalyst to the issues, but I will continue to try and might just return it through DJI if the problem persists.

When I first started reading your post I thought you were going to say fly it into a brick wall. Lol [emoji23]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bhop786