DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

1 Week with Mavic Air

Bubby

Reactions
View attachment 45684 So I have now had my MA for a week!

During the past 7 days I have managed to go from beginner, to testing the sport function. I have watched numerous videos, read threads and decided to fly my MA off my undercover balcony (scary). I made it over the edge, felt the bird freak a little and then battled to get it to want to come back in because the sensors weren’t happy, I luckily managed to switch to sport, navigated the railing and landed safely.

A few flips later and today I clipped a crane by flying up into it. Very luckily (again) my MA dropped, regained itself and carried on as though nothing happened :)

All in all I am loving my aircraft, although every time I take off I have to say a prayer.

Still lots to learn and play with.

Reactions: charliesRig

During the past 7 days I have managed to go from beginner, to testing the sport function. I have watched numerous videos, read threads and decided to fly my MA off my undercover balcony (scary). I made it over the edge, felt the bird freak a little and then battled to get it to want to come back in because the sensors weren’t happy, I luckily managed to switch to sport, navigated the railing and landed safely.

A few flips later and today I clipped a crane by flying up into it. Very luckily (again) my MA dropped, regained itself and carried on as though nothing happened :)

All in all I am loving my aircraft, although every time I take off I have to say a prayer.

Maybe a little more practice is in order before you drop your drone on someones head :)

Reactions: MavicFlyer

I Like it Thank you for sharing....I'm shoping for another drone maybe i should look at the MA.?
.............................cR

I Like it Thank you for sharing....I'm shoping for another drone maybe i should look at the MA.?
.............................cR

It packs a lot of punch for its size and has many benefits, the only downside is the range. I personally don’t like going more than 400/600m away, however there are times you lose the sense of being in total control and feed drops, signal interference, etc does occur.

Reactions: charliesRig
How could anyone imagine that it is acceptable to fly an UAV over a construction site and to fly "Up into" a crane.

MADNESS

This is why we will have more draconian laws. Should have the book thrown at him.

How could anyone imagine that it is acceptable to fly an UAV over a construction site and to fly "Up into" a crane.

MADNESS

This is why we will have more draconian laws. Should have the book thrown at him.

Actually I am involved with the development and the reason for flying was to document the construction (there we no people on the site).

Reactions: WAXMAN
there are 2 people in the photo on site

so that makes at least one other if one was you

Actually I am involved with the development and the reason for flying was to document the construction (there we no people on the site).

That’s what I hate about this site. There are too many ‘drone Police’ too many with an ‘attitude’ who see a photo and comment without one single attempt at finding any facts whatsoever.
To misquote Al Capone he can get more from a person with a kind word and a gun, than with just a gun. Maybe some ought to think about that.
Having said that, please do brush up on the drone regs for your particular country, and plenty of instructional vids, it’s a steep learning curve you are on. The construction industry are always concerned about safety, so maybe ought to bring a bit of that ethos into your flying. Enjoy your flying, but above all...fly safe.

Last edited:

Try and keep your distance from objects.

That’s what I hate about this site. There are too many ‘drone Police’ too many with an ‘attitude’ who see a photo and comment without one single attempt at finding any facts whatsoever.
To misquote Al Capone he can get more from a person with a kind word and a gun, than with just a gun. Maybe some ought to think about that.
Having said that, please do brush up on the drone regs for your particular country, and plenty of instructional vids, it’s a steep learning curve you are on. The construction industry are always concerned about safety, so maybe ought to bring a bit of that ethos into your flying. Enjoy your flying, but above all...fly safe.
This is not a case of the 'drone police' commenting without facts. The poster stated he hit the crane, there are cars below, an office and an apartment. Like you I think people can be too critical but imo this is not one of those times. Actually posters have been reserved in this instance.

This is not a case of the 'drone police' commenting without facts. The poster stated he hit the crane, there are cars below, an office and an apartment. Like you I think people can be too critical but imo this is not one of those times. Actually posters have been reserved in this instance.

No offence intended.
I agree, they have been unusually kind in this instance. And I agree totally that it was a daft thing to do coming so close as to actually hit the crane. I’m surprised that the OP who says is involved in the construction industry didn’t take safety more seriously.
If the aircraft had dropped from the sky and hit anyone below there would have been a hell of a stink made with the resulting bad press for those of us who abide by the rules, take time to learn to fly etc. My very best wishes to all.

Reactions: JDawg
That’s what I hate about this site.
There are too many ‘drone Police’ too many with an ‘attitude’ who see a photo and comment without one single attempt at finding any facts whatsoever.

....................please do brush up on the drone regs for your particular country,
and plenty of instructional vids, it’s a steep learning curve you are on.
. Enjoy your flying, but above all...fly safe.

Thumbswayup

No offence intended.
I agree, they have been unusually kind in this instance. And I agree totally that it was a daft thing to do coming so close as to actually hit the crane. I’m surprised that the OP who says is involved in the construction industry didn’t take safety more seriously.
If the aircraft had dropped from the sky and hit anyone below there would have been a **** of a stink made with the resulting bad press for those of us who abide by the rules, take time to learn to fly etc. My very best wishes to all.
None taken. And totally agree.

Reactions: choo choo
Lot of fun, but a LOT to learn. I’ve watched hundreds of YouTube videos, spent hours on the Internet, and have 39 flights with the MA, as of today.

If I had only one piece of advice to give, I’d suggest recording the device screen during the flight, and reviewing it after the flight, making sure you understand everything on the screen, especially the meaning of any pop up messages.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus