DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

100% You will crash

Antaire

Reactions
Is this a true reasonable statement. Not crashed mine yet but sure it will happen.

Boy you guys wouldn’t give a guy a crash complex right off
would ya.
Yes I have had lots of crashes and some were from being
careless and some early on from hardware failures with
the early Phantoms.
OP just know your limitations and don’t push it and hopefully
if/when you do it won’t be catastrophic .

There's an old saying in R/C:

The only way to 100% NOT crash is to NOT fly.

Fortunately most crashes today are PILOT ERROR. This could be "dumb thumbs", not paying attention to your surroundings, or more commonly flying beyond the pilot's ability.

Not I wouldn't say "100% you will crash" but if you fly long enough and often enough it's very likely you will at some point.

It also depends on exactly what you define a "Crash" to be.

anything that flies has the ability to crash,thats an obvious statement you will be thinking,whats not so obvious,is that if you have a good understanding,of these following things then you will decrease the chances of that day happening

(1)read the manual and fully understand what your drone and controller do in relation to each other
(2) learn how the app works and what information it is giving you during flight and how to change settings on the screen
(3)be aware of your surroundings when you go out to fly is it an appropriate place to fly in
(4) is the weather suitable to fly ie,is it too windy,is it likely to rain during your flight
(5)are all your batteries fully charged ,including controller and screen devices
(6)have you checked the condition of your drone is it airworthy,as the PIC it is you who has to make sure you have done everything possible to have a safe flight,
of course no matter how thorough you are, there is always that unforeseen problem not under your control that could bring your drone crashing down from the sky,but that is true of anything we do

Last edited:
Still would like to know what Antaire will be putting up in the air to better gauge the risk. Please help!
it would seem he posted on the MM discussions forum so he may have a MM anyway i dont think it matters which drone he has really

Reactions: dirkclod
it would seem he posted on the MM discussions forum so he may have a MM anyway i dont think it matters which drone he has really
Yes that’s what he flys and is on at the moment. As to why being he started this thread he won’t answer I havn’t a
clue.

Why is it I ask that most of the pilot error crashes occur with the more modern birds and not the old ones that we flew a few years ago when we first came across the hobby,
I suppose it could be that a lot more people have become pilots or DJI's quality of product has all but disappeared.

Reactions: Flytelandon
I don’t agree that the crash rate has gone up. Far more people are flying now.

Most crashes involve pilot error, rather than problems with the DJI system.

These are my personal experiences, and until someone actually has data rather than their personal beliefs, I will stick with mine.

I started in this hobby with a cheap clone from china. I crashed it alot. Bounced it off ceilings, walls, trees, the ground and my dog even jumped really high and took it out. Then I got a Tello. I crashed it less and kept the dog inside. Then I got a spark and had one hard landing, no damage. Now I have a Mavic Pro and have not had any issues. Yet. I learned to drive on a piece if crap car and did the same with flying. I think not having too many concerns early on with $$$ loss has made me a better pilot. Still not a great one but I learned my limitation without suffrage .

Why is it I ask that most of the pilot error crashes occur with the more modern birds and not the old ones that we flew a few years ago when we first came across the hobby,
I suppose it could be that a lot more people have become pilots or DJI's quality of product has all but disappeared.

It's because so many more people own them now. More owners = more crashes.

I don’t agree that the crash rate has gone up. Far more people are flying now.

Most crashes involve pilot error, rather than problems with the DJI system.

These are my personal experiences, and until someone actually has data rather than their personal beliefs, I will stick with mine.

I agree totally. I actually think there are fewer crashes now than every before if you factor in total # of units flying. Just a few years ago we spent more time repairing and replacing than we did flying. Now I've got some aircraft with several hundred hours of flight still running the same props from the factory.

There was a time when I would go flying with no less than half dozen spare props to to keep flying throughout the day. The newer aircraft have all these bells & whistles designed to try and take the "operator" out of the equation to a large degree.

My original Mavic pro is about two years old and steady as a rock in the air. Never crashed it, and I'm confident it'll stay that way as long as I continue to fly well within it's limits.

The drones I build are nowhere close to that level of reliability. I've had countless component failures that I can't explain, one of which resulted in actual fire! What I'm saying is, now having built a drone or two, I'm even more amazed by the consistent reliability of my DJI.

Here's some of my crashes for your entertainment

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kueaue