DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

1080p 60 fps, 2.7K 60 fps or 4K 30 fps

Cotyoran52

Reactions
Hi friends !

I may be counted as new Mini 2 pilot and wondering which resolution may give best results. 1080p 60fps, 2.7K 60 fps or 4K 30 fps. Actually, i want to expand my question. I mostly use 1080p 60fps which is very nice for Youtube and Adobe Premiere processing. But do you recommend whether directly using 1080p 60fps in Mini 2 or 4K converting to 1080p in Adobe premiere for better result ? Some people say always use 4K in Mini 2 and then convert it in Adobe Premiere but it takes extra time for me. But some people is okey with using directly 1080p 60 fps for post processing.

Thanks for your valuable comments...

Reactions: gope_73
Unless you are cropping in to reframe your shot, shooting in 1080p for 1080p timeline is perfectly fine.

Reactions: Cotyoran52
So, you say adjust your Mini 2 to 1080p, 60 fps and then edit it in Adobe Premiere to get output of 1080p 60 fps ?
Normally, your timeline is 30fps and Premiere will take your 60 frames and make them conform to the 30 fps timeline giving you slightly smoother looking footage at normal speed. 60fps is also used for slow motion. As long as you're not cropping into the frame (zooming in with Premiere) then shooting in 1080p will be fine.

Normally, your timeline is 30fps and Premiere will take your 60 frames and make them conform to the 30 fps timeline giving you slightly smoother looking footage at normal speed. 60fps is also used for slow motion. As long as you're not cropping into the frame (zooming in with Premiere) then shooting in 1080p will be fine.
Alright, thank you for your assist !

We have found 2K to be the Sweet Spot on the Wide Screen Monitors .
I can see the difference between 1080 and 2K but cannot see the difference between the 2K and 4K .

2K resolution, known as Quad HD, is 2560 pixels horizontally and 1440 pixels vertically for Posted work.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. , Land on the Water

We have found 2K to be the Sweet Spot on the Wide Screen Monitors .
I can see the difference between 1080 and 2K but cannot see the difference between the 2K and 4K .

2K resolution, known as Quad HD, is 2560 pixels horizontally and 1440 pixels vertically for Posted work.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. , Land on the Water
More or less i think similar. My old computer is not able to edit 4K videos easily. So i gonna choose 2.7K or 1080p in 60 fps while editing. 60 fps is my must feature in videos..

Something else to consider: if you're uploading to youtube, you'll get a worse codec assigned to your video if you upload a 1080p vs 1440p (or higher). If you're 1080p video gets more than like 1000 views, they'll upgrade your codec. (Same thing, I believe, if you have 'a bunch' of subscribers.)

So if you want your vid to look good on the toob, use the higher resolution.

Something else to consider: if you're uploading to youtube, you'll get a worse codec assigned to your video if you upload a 1080p vs 1440p (or higher). If you're 1080p video gets more than like 1000 views, they'll upgrade your codec. (Same thing, I believe, if you have 'a bunch' of subscribers.)

So if you want your vid to look good on the toob, use the higher resolution.
Oh, i didnt know they assign different codecs to my video according to subscribers and upload quality. Thanks for your comment !

Reactions: WildDoktor
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000