DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

18.2 KM Here is my newest test range Recorded

Well, that was a $140(US) flight...scratch one battery almost certainly. To each his/her own I guess, but I just don't get the "max range business." I understand the land speed record and climbing Everest, but the Mavic 2's max range? Absolutely, positively not worth the risk.

I don’t get it either ?
Hmmm I may see how long my iPhone stays on for if I don’t make any calls and don’t use the internet and don’t look at it !
It won’t be long before someone flies one into stratosphere whilst controlling it from a plane !

I have a friend that races lawn mowers... to each his own. Btw, they are a blast to ride :)

Reactions: m0j0
Reactions: beanbubba
I don’t get it either ?
Hmmm I may see how long my iPhone stays on for if I don’t make any calls and don’t use the internet and don’t look at it !
It won’t be long before someone flies one into stratosphere whilst controlling it from a plane !
I wonder if you could hand launch from a hang glider or para glider??? Hmmmmmm......

Reactions: Goldenmember1000
At 13% battery he's still 2 clicks away from home. I would have peed my pants. Multiple times. Dude has got some balls...Dumb, but ballsy.

Today i have a flight test range with max distance 18.2km

For the life of me, I can't understand these tests. They are unlikely to be legal in most places and what exactly is the point? How far you can fly is far less important than how well you can fly and how safely you can fly. How many posts do we need to have on this subject?

Reactions: LakeTravis
Has anyone tried to test range on one-way flight (e.g. with someone else waiting/driving to pickup the drone, instead of flying back)? I think that would be the most relevant test, showing us radio-limited range, not battery-limited.

Reactions: conchman
well, at 277m or 900 feet
I wouldn't even attempt to try that here in Canada, I like to keep my money in my pocket and not tempt the drone police

Question: how did he override the auto land at 12% and manage to make the extra 1.5km back to him

Has anyone tried to test range on one-way flight (e.g. with someone else waiting/driving to pickup the drone, instead of flying back)? I think that would be the most relevant test, showing us radio-limited range, not battery-limited.
Occusync has a 17.9km distance limit from the RC unfortunately. Until that's hacked, the AC with rth byond the distance limit.

Is it theoretical, or measured in the real life? I think seeing someone actually achieve even that would be extremely impressive.

Is it theoretical, or measured in the real life? I think seeing someone actually achieve even that would be extremely impressive.
y6Gs7bF.jpg

Gp8Bbfn.png

Measured.

For the life of me, I can't understand these tests. They are unlikely to be legal in most places and what exactly is the point? How far you can fly is far less important than how well you can fly and how safely you can fly. How many posts do we need to have on this subject?
"How far you can fly is far less important than how well you can fly".

Says whom?

Are you the authority on UAV morality?

Stay on topic and leave this rhetoric to the trolls.

Reactions: simonr23
Today i have a flight test range with max distance 18.2km
Fined for illegal irresponsible operation of a Drone ... Good more idiots like yourself should be made an example of .
What you idiots do only further tarnishes the public opion of the Droning community **
Not only were you flying over populated land mass without approval from property owners your Alitude and Distance was in Violation

50 km /hr speed on return still in p mode , lucky he had a 20km/hr tail wind on the return. Now i know what verbal diarrhea in Vietnamese sounds like.

Reactions: johnpham
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+