DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

1813 Light House, Abandoned for many years found on Lake Erie. Very hard to get too..

Its not turtle island, I grew up near there and have been to turtle island many times, Harbor light as well. from your description it sounds like its in Canada. sucks that you cant get closer to do a cool orbit.

Reactions: Brandaloo
Don't send a mavic out to do a Phantom 4's job.

**ducking**

In all seriousness, I would try flying at sunrise (calm conditions, perhaps less solar and electromagnetic interference) and at 400 feet to maximize signal strength.

Reactions: passedpawn
I agree that Litchi could be your best alternative. You’ll lose contact but Litchi should fly the waypoint mission to completion. Make sure your mission is not flying into the wind on the return leg. Litchi estimates the amount of flight time required for the mission. Make sure you have time reserve planned into your mission. Maybe design a mission plan that gets you two thirds there the first time to build confidence. Good luck.

Reactions: Brandaloo
I was told about this amazing abandoned Light house and Home in the middle of Lake eries North West Shore. You can barely see it from the coast but you can make out the old home and the house itself. Google maps confermed this so I set out. I estimate at around a little over half at 1345 meters I loose signal. Ive tried every way to fly in possible. I would assume its interferance but I cant imagine why. I get 4500 meters in the city and this is open lake nobody around for a km. Here is a video. If anybody has advise on how I can reach this let me know your thoughts. I tried 2 diffrent parabolic dishes and nothing at all. Cheers gang
Is that you in the motor boat? What was your altitude?

No it wasnt me in the boat, Alt tried

100 meters
150 meters and 450 meters

All reached same distance and signal goes to 0 on both hd and controller
As long as the drone still has GPS, it should be able to complete the Litchi mission. However, without RC connection, you still won't have manual control over the camera, unless signal is restored once you reach the island. So, set up the camera during the Litchi mission to best explore the lighthouse as a POI. Good luck!

I tried to get as close as possible..this is it

Attachments

• DJI_0030.JPG
    DJI_0030.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 14
  • DJI_0029.JPG
    DJI_0029.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 13
  • DJI_0028.JPG
    DJI_0028.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 15
  • DJI_0027.JPG
    DJI_0027.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 14
Hahah, I grow up at the yatch club (HVYC) over by the Edition intake. That ligth house is just outside the bay. Use to head out towards "west sister" for walleyes. My family also had boats at (CCYC) over by Davis bassy

Its a cool lighthouse, Its right outside port maitland. I only posted it to figure out why i cant get range over an open lake.

Hahah, I grow up at the yatch club (HVYC) over by the Edition intake. That ligth house is just outside the bay. Use to head out towards "west sister" for walleyes. My family also had boats at (CCYC) over by Davis bassy
Its in Port Maitland....My goodness lol

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jlhdez