DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

1813 Light House, Abandoned for many years found on Lake Erie. Very hard to get too..

HydroStatics

Reactions
I was told about this amazing abandoned Light house and Home in the middle of Lake eries North West Shore. You can barely see it from the coast but you can make out the old home and the house itself. Google maps confermed this so I set out. I estimate at around a little over half at 1345 meters I loose signal. Ive tried every way to fly in possible. I would assume its interferance but I cant imagine why. I get 4500 meters in the city and this is open lake nobody around for a km. Here is a video. If anybody has advise on how I can reach this let me know your thoughts. I tried 2 diffrent parabolic dishes and nothing at all. Cheers gang

Attachments

• DJI_0105.JPG
    DJI_0105.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 596
  • DJI_0109.JPG
    DJI_0109.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 550
  • DJI_0108.JPG
    DJI_0108.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 509
  • DJI_0107.JPG
    DJI_0107.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 505
  • DJI_0106.JPG
    DJI_0106.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 519
  • DJI_0105.JPG
    DJI_0105.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 514
Reactions: Hauptmann
Looking forward to it.

J.Cofield I don't know and I couldn't find out much about it. Just that it was put up for the war of 1812 to guide RCN Frigate into the harbour of Port Maitland and it was manned for recon just incase the americans had a surprise attack. I guess early warning system?

And then there's this - "Turtle Island Lighthouse is best seen by boat. Lighthouse Cruises that pass by Turtle Island are offered aboard the Sandpiper on select Sundays during the summer."

It's still summer, perhaps you could fly off the deck of the Sandpiper. Just a thought. I know you are probably also interested in solving the range issue.

Kinda looks like Nessie. Are you sure that’s a light house?

Reactions: Pilotz
I estimate at around a little over half at 1345 meters I loose signal. Ive tried every way to fly in possible. I would assume its interferance but I cant imagine why. I get 4500 meters in the city and this is open lake nobody around for a km. Here is a video. If anybody has advise on how I can reach this let me know your thoughts. I tried 2 diffrent parabolic dishes and nothing at all. Cheers gang
Which Mavic are you using?

Mavic Pro is much more prone to signal loss than the new Occusync 2.0 of the Mavic 2. My best guess is there might be something broadcasting from the lighthouse island that is knocking out the signal. Try flying higher until you can get above the potential hemisphere of the signal interference, and perhaps fly over it at high altitude as a test, and then drop down from above, rather than approaching laterally. Only Mavic Pro limit will be the 1650' (500m) height limitation in the FW. FAA would like you to stay below 400 feet, so use common sense.

Reactions: HydroStatics
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JesseLaw