DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

19 second vid of my gimbal freakin out !!

GreggC

Reactions
Plus Im getting a bunch of jello.
Thoughts ??

Last edited:
So I just called DJI Support,
I was advised to;

#1...Using DJI Assistant reset to factory default,
#2...Update to current FW (not too happy bout that),
#3...Calibrate the IMU,
#4...Calibrate the gimbal,
#5...Swing the compass,

Ill let you guys know how it goes after several flights.

So I just called DJI Support,
I was advised to;

#1...Using DJI Assistant reset to factory default,
#2...Update to current FW (not too happy bout that),
#3...Calibrate the IMU,
#4...Calibrate the gimbal,
#5...Swing the compass,

Ill let you guys know how it goes after several flights.

I just had to do this for a Gimble issue! I think there’s some issues with either the Firmware, hardware or a combination of them that Dji needs to fix but they don’t yet know what it is! My Gimble issue lasted about 2 weeks till I did all of the above and Dji hadn’t seen or heard of my particular Gimble malfunction before! It’s got to be some sort of human error on Djis part this software is extremely complex and one mistake in the code could have many unknown problems finding it can be harder than finding a needle in a haystack! Especially if they don’t know where to start looking.

My Mavic will do that when I break or turn too sharply. I have to remember that 20mph to 0mph should happen over several seconds rather than sudden breaking.

The reason of this issue is you were flying too fast and against the wind. So the gimbal freak out. It is always happen in high wind condition. Just be gentle.

Three flights so far,
No problems.
Still wanna get a couple dozen under my belt before I can declare it fixed.

The DJI suggested fix I posted in post #7 did fix the gimbal freaking out,
However after a dozen flights I still have the video glitch / jello problem.
I called DJI back and they authorized a return for warranty repair.
I sent it off this morning.
If anyone is interested see video below for the glitch / jello problem,
Look at 2:19, 2:38 and 3:37

Reactions: EagleAttack
The DJI suggested fix I posted in post #7 did fix the gimbal freaking out,
However after a dozen flights I still have the video glitch / jello problem.
I called DJI back and they authorized a return for warranty repair.
I sent it off this morning.
If anyone is interested see video below for the glitch / jello problem,
Look at 2:19, 2:38 and 3:37
Defininately saw the jello problem. I've had this problem as well but just assumed that it was do to something with my phone. Unfortunately, I've had to return my Mavic to DJI for service on a gimbal issue and haven't had a chance to get it back in the air since the repair. Hopefully, the jello issue was also fixed (though I didn't mention it with my initial complaint). My gimbal would no longer work after a firmware update.

Very good color on your video! What altitude? I usually so excited to get in the air that I don't exercise that same smooth control you have.

Defininately saw the jello problem. I've had this problem as well but just assumed that it was do to something with my phone. Unfortunately, I've had to return my Mavic to DJI for service on a gimbal issue and haven't had a chance to get it back in the air since the repair. Hopefully, the jello issue was also fixed (though I didn't mention it with my initial complaint). My gimbal would no longer work after a firmware update.

Very good color on your video! What altitude? I usually so excited to get in the air that I don't exercise that same smooth control you have.

I shoot in D-Cinelike at 400' AGL.

As stated in post #12,
I sent my Mavic in for repair,
Turn around time including shipping was 9 days, very impressive.
I received a new Mavic body, no statement about what was wrong with the one
I sent in, just a new body. Ok Im fine with that.
I spent several minutes going thru all the settings, I swung the compass and did the
IMU cal and gimbal cal.
Unfortunately its wicked windy here so Ill have to wait to fly it.
I plan to get 50 or 60 minutes of video over 10 or 12 flights,
Ill post when I have determined if the jello is gone or not.

I can’t wait to get west of the continental divide so I can fly my MPP in places like this! Until then I’m stuck in the SE USA, there’s a lot of nice things to see here but out west it’s like Gods Country I want to fly near Salt Lake City around the salt flats! There’s some unusual mirages that can be caught on camera out there.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78